Love story for review please at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 18th, 2006, 10:19 AM   #1
Major Player

Love story for review please

http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=27E66BE5902B92FD

Sorry about the slow playback but clipshacks not the best.

Paul
Paul Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey hey a couple from Belfast in good old Norn Eiren as some of us pronounce it.
That was good to hear, I'm so used to being surrounded by English accents now that it was like a breath of fresh air to hear the down to earth voices of the couple in your clip. I liked the documentary feel and the shots you used. The bit when they went seperate ways by the pond but their reflections stayed together was cool, I'll have to nick that one...just gotta figure out how to do it first!
The interviews seemed honest and frank, although the groom seemed slightly unsure about where they met hehe, probably drunk at the time if it was in Shaftsbury Square like he said lol.
Nice one Paul, I really enjoyed it...genuinely laid back and romantic...although can I ask what was with the lens flare in the distance at the end? I presume it symbolises the future or a fairy or something?
Damian Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 06:47 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Clarke
although can I ask what was with the lens flare in the distance at the end? I presume it symbolises the future or a fairy or something?
LOL.......I missed the romantic sunset ending she wanted, just by being there 5 hours to early so that was the closest thing I could get to it........the future of a fairy.....thats a new one.
Paul
Old November 19th, 2006, 12:21 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I liked the two effects of the reverse tree jump, and the split water scene.
Vince Lucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 04:19 PM   #5
Trustee

reflections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Gallagher
http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=27E66BE5902B92FD

Sorry about the slow playback but clipshacks not the best.

Paul
I see the ripples in the water when the reverse, but I canot figure out how the zoom was possible. Did you split the frame and film it twice, once with them leaving and once with them standing? I'm all sorts of confused on that.

Which means that it was well done. :-)

Jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 04:50 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi Paul

Nice clip well put together. The water scene looks really good.

Have you decided on an fx1 yet?

Gary
Gary Mckinstry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 01:45 PM   #7
Major Player

Well Gary, I have decided on buying an FX1 as my second camera for evening receptions at Weddings like we talked about, but I wont be getting one until February 2007, just in advance of my Wedding season in March.

Jason it is something I would find very hard to explain how I done, but to show you would be so easy and if you stop and think about how you would do it, you would be shocked at how easy it is to do.

I originally had it just that the couple walked away from each other and then Lisa, my wife said it would look nice if you zoomed in onto their reflection to keep it a bit different, so that was what I done just there and then.......and it was worth it as any of your comments all relate to that specific scene.....I should have let her edit it all.....lol.

Paul
Old November 22nd, 2006, 06:58 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Paul

I liked the clip, and liked the split water scene especially.

One thought for the shot of them walking towards the camera, when they walked past you, they obviously had to go either side of the camera. It looked like they were walking apart, losing that closeness. Maybe zooming in a little more would have allowed them to "walk past" before they actually got to the camera, letting them stay close together? Just a thought :)

I still have to get the first wedding so take the above with a pinch of salt :)

cheers n beers

Ian

www.idbvideo.co.uk
Ian Broadbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Gallagher View Post
Well Gary, I have decided on buying an FX1 as my second camera for evening receptions at Weddings like we talked about, but I wont be getting one until February 2007, just in advance of my Wedding season in March.

Jason it is something I would find very hard to explain how I done, but to show you would be so easy and if you stop and think about how you would do it, you would be shocked at how easy it is to do.

I originally had it just that the couple walked away from each other and then Lisa, my wife said it would look nice if you zoomed in onto their reflection to keep it a bit different, so that was what I done just there and then.......and it was worth it as any of your comments all relate to that specific scene.....I should have let her edit it all.....lol.

Paul

So, did you ever explain how you did it? It was freaky, but in a really neat sortofway.
Old April 4th, 2007, 03:08 PM   #10
Inner Circle

I liked the pace, and the timing with which you cut in the interview audio. Felt very consistent.

However, I didn't like the reverse shot of him jumping out of the tree. It just didn't seem to fit with the video, and was just distracting in my opinion.

I also have to say I didn't like the lens-flare at the end. Again, it just felt really out of place with the rest of the video. I think that exact same shot without the lens-flare would have worked twice as well. Just my opinion.

Other than those two things, though, I thought it was very well done.
Old April 5th, 2007, 12:18 PM   #11
Major Player

Thanks for taking the time to watch it Travis.
Old April 5th, 2007, 12:27 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Gallagher View Post
Thanks for taking the time to watch it Travis.
No problem.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques