Classified/For Sale Section??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 30th, 2006, 07:17 PM   #1
New Boot

Classified/For Sale Section???

Is there a classified or for sale section here on dvinfo.net? I've looked around and either I'm really am blind as a bat or I just don't see it anywhere.

I am fixing to hock my house and start buying equipment to get into the wedding and events business (need something to keep my busy and out of the bars and jail). So, I would like to start looking around for some good, used equipment.

Thanks,
Vance Van Patten
Vance Van Patten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 07:19 PM   #2
Wrangler

Welcome Vance. Yes, there is a classified section but it is only available to members who have been around for awhile. Please be patient, you should be able to access the classifieds within the next few weeks.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 07:24 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Boyd, but how long does one have to be "around" to get access to these classifeds? I have been a member for 2 months and I was under the impression that one needed to be a member for only 30 days.

Oh well. Okay, I'll wait around for a few more weeks and see what happens.

Vance Van Patten
Old December 1st, 2006, 01:30 AM   #4
Regular Crew

i was around for awhile and had the same problem. mine was that if you're not logged in you won't see it. i usually didn't log in unless posting. give it a try
Michael Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:31 AM   #5
Wrangler

Yes, that's true also. On the top right side of the screen it should say something like "Welcome back, Vance Van Patten!" Otherwise, you are not logged in.
Old December 1st, 2006, 08:17 AM   #6
New Boot

Thanks guys. I have this set up to log me in automatically when I visit the site. I guess I'll just sit and wait to see what happens.
Old December 1st, 2006, 04:46 PM   #7
Trustee

Time & Posting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance Van Patten
Thanks guys. I have this set up to log me in automatically when I visit the site. I guess I'll just sit and wait to see what happens.
I thought it (meaning the hidden classifieds section) required a certain number of posts.... but I guess I'm not always right. :-)

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 04:48 PM   #8
Wrangler

It should let you in after you've been a member for a little while, but Chris says there are some forum software issues he needs to look at. I'm sure this will get sorted out soon.
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:42 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Access to Classified (For Sale) Pages

Likewise, i'm a new member and while i've been searching and reading threads for a long time, i joined mainly because i'm looking to buy a used camcorder and don't really trust eBay nor Craigslist. Figure because DVi is a controlled forum it can be trusted implicitly.
I understand its reasonable to "quarantine" a newbie from access to job leads and the like but why not let us shop and purchase?
OK, i promise to share my insights and solved problems with y'all now too,
- eric
Eric Mayrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #10
Obstreperous Rex

Our classifieds section becomes visible about two months after registering an account here. It's purposefully limited in that way because I don't want people registering just so they can use the classifieds. That's not what this site is about. Our classifieds section is a free service that I extend only to regular registered members who have had an active account here for a period of time.

I might consider opening it up to new registrants, but most likely that would be a paid service.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #11
Inner Circle

Eric -
I can understand not trusting Craigslist... but eBay has a VERY controlled environment for buying and selling, unless you really get sloppy, it's a pretty safe bet.

DvInfo is pretty safe too, because you're dealing with people who are generally professional and courteous (despite our occaisional spirited discussions about things like copyright or detailed esoterics of camera technology!) and you can check them out by their posts to get to know them before you do a deal. SORT of similar to "feedback" - always want to know your buyer or seller before doing biz online, it's just prudent!!

The two month's wait is a good "gettin' to know you" period - if you're a scammer or a skunk, it's likely you'll be found out before you go messing up someones day trying to pull a scam! Not to say it couldn't happen, but it's at least a good way to help ensure safety here.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 11:09 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Its OK to wait

Thanks for your speedy and informative replies, Chris and Dave, and understand your need in protecting this forum. From what i have read (including DVi threads) the FX1000 looks very attractive for my needs and your 2-month waiting period coincides with its availability,
- eric
Eric Mayrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 10:43 AM   #13
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Mayrand View Post
Thanks for your speedy and informative replies, Chris and Dave, and understand your need in protecting this forum. From what i have read (including DVi threads) the FX1000 looks very attractive for my needs and your 2-month waiting period coincides with its availability,
- eric
And feel free to participate in those two months. There is lots to learn and lots to share in the mean time.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques