Delivering HDV - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 1st, 2007, 12:37 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Shaw View Post
My wife and I have used Pinnacle Studio 9 for some photo montage projects and it's worked fine for us.
I agree, and in fact it actually automatically fits the existing photo to the frame, leaving bars on top or sides. You can adjust from there, but for a quick photo montage, it is great !! Only Friday, I arrived in Oregon with the idea of finishing a 80th BD video I did for my father in law. Family there had additional photos they wanted added to the project - about 45 in all. I had limited time. I started adding them in my Premieire 1.51 project on my lap top, but I was having to resize and crop each one in the project. I scrapped that, and went to the Pinnacle Studio 9 I had on the laptop, dropped the photos into a time line, and they were cropped to fit. Added some music track, and, presto, instant photo montage...
Old March 1st, 2007, 12:45 PM   #32
Major Player

We use a tvix for HDV demo's and it works great, portable and it only cost us $250 versus a $600 blue ray player and or ps3! The tvix box plays everything, xvid and others. I highly recommend it!

We have been delivering last years weddings on Blue Ray. It's been working very well, we charge $100 per copy. It cost us $30 to make one and $750 for the burner!
Jon Omiatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 12:48 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Steele View Post
Wow Chris, you can actually use Studio 10 these days without it taking a dive into oblivion every 15 minutes?

Most unstable POS I ever used. Maybe it's better than the earlier version of 10 I used but the Studio forums don't seem to indicate much improvement.
Rick:

Pinnacle has a pretty good product that is sold world wide to the general public. It is consumer oriented, and certainly, you would expect to see a lot of complaints from the less technically oriented. I have always considered that when I have read the complaints on their forums. You can tell that by the level of expertise exhibited. I also know that Studio will occasionally clash with other programs on board, or will have issues when it is reinstalled over itself, if the "regdele" utility is not used. However, to pan this product is a mistake. 10 Plus provides effective HDV editing, using the Liquid engine. And its simple DVD production element, while it does not afford for extensive creativity, is great for many simple and quick DVD projects.
Old March 1st, 2007, 01:50 PM   #34
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
10 Plus provides effective HDV editing, using the Liquid engine. And its simple DVD production element, while it does not afford for extensive creativity, is great for many simple and quick DVD projects.
No HD for me so I can't speak for that end of it. But I was a loyal Studio user from the start and I know more unnecessary tweaks for that silly application than I can count.

But, it's the most elegant and easy interface ever developed in a simple NLE though. And of course it only costs $80 and some consider that a real value.

I'm just glad I gave it up that "mystery-ware" long ago.
Rick Steele is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques