Wedding Day Edit from 12-30-06 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 2nd, 2007, 10:54 AM   #1
Major Player

Wedding Day Edit from 12-30-06

Here is the WDE we showed at last Saturday's wedding reception. It was part of a growing up montage so I picked it up with the last few pictures before going into the wedding day footage.

The Bride was a Josh Groban fan, so her taste directed us in the musical selection. The church did not allow a manned camera at the front so I used the remote controlled Grizzly Pro system.

http://tulsaweddingvideos.com/video/ZCWDE.wmv

Here is a portion of the MOB's comments she sent in an email.
"Thank you just isn’t adequate. WOW! I believe the DVD at the reception is what most of the guests will remember. They showered us with comments about that. I am thrilled to give all of them your name when they ask."

For those of you who have not tried a Wedding Day Edit, also known as a Same Day Edit, Instant Edit, etc, I highly encourage you to consider looking into them. They are a great marketing tool and many, including Trisha and I beleive they are one of the ways to change the perception of wedding videography. Many people have never seen a great wedding video and a WDE is a wonderful way to show 200-500 of the Bride & Groom's closest friends how good wedding videography can be.

Trisha will be moderating a panel on Same Day Edits at 4EVER's Video 07 on Wednesday at 5:45.
http://4evergroup.org/...symposiums.shtml#sde
There is more than one way to create a Same Day Edit, and this symposium is a great way to see how many of the leaders in our field create and use SDE's.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 08:26 AM   #2
Major Player

That was amazing as always (especeially for a SDE)!!!
Old January 3rd, 2007, 01:47 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Question: You showed this as it is posted her, at the reception? At what point during the reception did you show this, because doesn't part of this contain the reception?

I probably sound dumb, but I was curious.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 05:04 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Davis
Question: You showed this as it is posted her, at the reception? At what point during the reception did you show this, because doesn't part of this contain the reception?

I probably sound dumb, but I was curious.
Hi Steven,

No, it doesn't sound dumb.

Yes we showed this video at the reception. The edit was done about 1.5 hours after the First Dance. It's just one part of the Wow Factor.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 05:13 PM   #5
Inner Circle

That made sense. So did you actually render this video into something or shoot it straight out of your NLE software?
Old January 3rd, 2007, 05:22 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Davis
That made sense. So did you actually render this video into something or shoot it straight out of your NLE software?
We don't render for a DVD. It takes too long to encode and then burn just for a DVD. We do that after the presentation so the B&G and parents can go home with DVDs.

We use Edius on our laptop, so we just hit the space bar and the video goes out the firewire to the camera in real time. Absolutely no rendering. We use the camera for playback to the projector and sound system.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques