Beach weddings... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 5th, 2007, 06:56 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce S. Yarock
Peter,
That sounds like a SERIOUS production.Btw, did you realize that you spell "the" as "teh" in all your posts?
Bruce S. yarock
www.yarock.com
its coz i type too fast
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 06:59 AM   #17
Trustee

I know what you mean. my girlfriend makes fun of my two finger typing style.
Bruce S. yarock
www.yarock.com
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 07:09 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
I know what you mean. my girlfriend makes fun of my two finger typing style.
Bruce S. yarock
www.yarock.com
LOL my prob isnt two fingers, my prob is that im staring at 2 monitors which are doing different things.. and im too lazy to go back and fix my mistakes..

other things i do that some people have commented on..
u = You
urs - yours
ppl - people
teh - the

were getting off topic... beach weddings.. umm..
oh one thing tell teh bride to TAKE OFF HER SHOES.. i did a wedding a couple of years back, and the bride wore friggin stilletoes.. im like.. trust me, take them off.. and shes like, but i want them on for the photos, and im like.. your photog isnt gonna take pics of your feet hun..
lo and behold.. she walks down the sand dune with dad, almsot stacks it (dads holding her up) her face was a mask of terror and im pointing to her feet mouthing "take em off" lucky not many noticed, but i was using an XL1s at the time, and i was zoomed all the way in so i could see things other people couldnt.. lucky though.. woulda been funny to see her stack it and roll down the hill.. lol
Old January 5th, 2007, 07:23 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson
LOL my prob isnt two fingers, my prob is that im staring at 2 monitors which are doing different things.. and im too lazy to go back and fix my mistakes..

other things i do that some people have commented on..
u = You
urs - yours
ppl - people
teh - the

were getting off topic... beach weddings.. umm..
oh one thing tell teh bride to TAKE OFF HER SHOES.. i did a wedding a couple of years back, and the bride wore friggin stilletoes.. im like.. trust me, take them off.. and shes like, but i want them on for the photos, and im like.. your photog isnt gonna take pics of your feet hun..
lo and behold.. she walks down the sand dune with dad, almsot stacks it (dads holding her up) her face was a mask of terror and im pointing to her feet mouthing "take em off" lucky not many noticed, but i was using an XL1s at the time, and i was zoomed all the way in so i could see things other people couldnt.. lucky though.. woulda been funny to see her stack it and roll down the hill.. lol
Oh my, I can see this whole thing happening. Stilletoes?! Oh my.
Old January 5th, 2007, 07:38 AM   #20
Trustee

Peter,
Stilletoes on the beach... if she wore them with a white bikini,that might work- don't forget it's Miami Beach.
Bruce S. yarock
www.yarock.com
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 07:41 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Quote:
Peter,
Stilletoes on the beach... if she wore them with a white bikini,that might work- don't forget it's Miami Beach.
Bruce S. yarock
www.yarock.com
Now were talking.... bikini wedding.. then again, u knwo whats gonna happen later on so theres no mystery left.. then again, im envisioning white stilletoes, white fishnet stockings, white bikini with a corset mid, a veil AND a garter...
hmm.... me's gettin ideas for my next lingerie shoot.. lol
Old February 7th, 2007, 07:30 AM   #22
Inner Circle

Quote:
(the bride even agreed to a hair mic and her hairdresser has done stage shows so she knows how to to it, which is a godsend) but in the end, its still goign to be a hit or miss affair

Peter what type of mic is this. Also, I have been trying to find that post you had where the minister stopped the ceremony because you were filming, or something like that. I think it was you. I haven't found the post.

I like the idea of a hair mic.
Old February 7th, 2007, 10:55 PM   #23
Major Player

I recently saw A Chorus Line in NY and asked after the show where were the mics. They told me the mics were in each performer's hair.

Is there a specific mic for this?

Last edited by Richard Zlamany; February 8th, 2007 at 04:57 PM.
Richard Zlamany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 08:22 AM   #24
Inner Circle

depending on the hair colour, i use a flesh tone or black ME2 omnidirectional mic and cable.. prefereably an ME4 to isolate the talent, but when i started doign this, so i opted for the ME2 as i knew i could still get good voice talent and isolate it as needed.. depends on what it is shooting which will etermine wheether i go for th ME2 or the ME4.. most of the time, ME2 is the safest option..

Oh these are sennheiser lapel mics..oh forot to mention.. ive alspplanted mics in pot plants, jewish Houppa's, lecterns, under the altar, on light fittings.. u name it, if i can blutak it, ive put a mic to it at some point in time.. lol
Old February 8th, 2007, 08:24 AM   #25
Inner Circle

"I have been trying to find that post you had where the minister stopped the ceremony because you were filming, or something like that. I think it was you. I haven't found the post."
yeah dude, that was me.. lol.. im editing it as we speak..

dude was a numbnuts.. i mean if he bothered to look up, he woulda seen that another camera was planted closer to him that i was.... so i didnt lose the shot.. lol idiot..
Old February 8th, 2007, 08:55 AM   #26
Inner Circle

Quote:
"I have been trying to find that post you had where the minister stopped the ceremony because you were filming, or something like that. I think it was you. I haven't found the post."
yeah dude, that was me.. lol.. im editing it as we speak..

dude was a numbnuts.. i mean if he bothered to look up, he woulda seen that another camera was planted closer to him that i was.... so i didnt lose the shot.. lol idiot..
yeah, what's the link, it is one of the funniest posts, I need a good laugh.
Old February 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM   #27
Trustee

constantly

Quote:
Peter,
That sounds like a SERIOUS production.Btw, did you realize that you spell "the" as "teh" in all your posts?
Bruce S. yarock
www.yarock.com
i do that a lot too, especially when I am trying to crank out a few responses before getting back to work, or doing something else entirely. i also am notorious for my "ign" endings instead of "ing"

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 12:23 AM   #28
Inner Circle

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...es_mikrophones

check out the 102 series
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques