Pricing Suggestion: 40th Year Anniversary at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 9th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Pricing Suggestion: 40th Year Anniversary

Hi, Everyone

This will be my first 40th year anniversary job. I'm used to spending those 10 hour days but this one is different.

It's a renewal of the vows and my client asked for the following requirments:

1. 30 - 40 picture video montage with a 10 minute narration by their daughter.
2. 1 hour coverage for the ceremony (edited)
3. 1 hour coverage for the reception. (Ask guests questions about their thoughts about the couple)
4. 30 minute picture taking session for photographer.

Now...this sounds like minimal work but it can be decieving.

I know this isn't a usual full blown pre-ceremony, ceremony, reception, montage 10 hour for one day job.

It's like a "mini-me" wedding assignment.

What would you charge?

(Markets are different so maybe you can give me % of the full blown wedding price you charge)

Thanks!
Jaime Espiritu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:59 PM   #2
Major Player

I would not consider your job a "mini me" production, if you produce a quality product which I will assume you do, then there is plenty work ahead of you on this one.....I'd say $1,600.00 to $2,000.00 rough ball park.
Joe Allen Rosenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2007, 05:44 AM   #3
Major Player

Full rate for the montage. Most of the photos will probably be either pictures or slides that need to be scanned, color corrected & maybe touched up a bit. I don't know about anyone else, but my rate depends on the # of pictures that are digital, and the # that need to be scanned. For a 40-yr anniversary, I'd guess most photos will need to be scanned.

For the ceremony & reception, I'd go somewhere between 1/2 to 3/4 the full wedding rate, maybe less. One hour for the ceremony? If it's encased in a Mass, I suppose it could last that long, but even then a lot can be trimmed out.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques