Introducing Myself and a Few Clips - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 20th, 2007, 12:15 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Waters View Post
What editing software, and hardware are you using?
I edit on Sony Vegas.
By "hardware" I'll assume you mean my gear. I shoot with a PD170 (soon to be a A1). Glidecam/Smooth Shooter work is a staple in my productions so there is a lot of that in there.
Other than that... nothing special.
Old March 20th, 2007, 12:16 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson View Post
nice to meet you..
enjoy your stay, beers in the fridge, toilets round the back....

:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Morikawa View Post
Very simple site.... great videos, your theater section will do all the work for you.
good job
Thanks guys!
Old March 20th, 2007, 12:18 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Valentine View Post
Very nice layout and nice video. I was thinking about using that same music for my demo as I'm a big BSG fan and I love the music for it. Great job.
Thanks Nicholas. BSG is the best show on TV and one day when I was listening to the soundtrack it just popped in my head to use that song. Glad to see someone else appreciates the music as well!
Old March 20th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Aubert View Post
I edit on Sony Vegas.
By "hardware" I'll assume you mean my gear. I shoot with a PD170 (soon to be a A1). Glidecam/Smooth Shooter work is a staple in my productions so there is a lot of that in there.
Other than that... nothing special.
Hey Darrell you decided on the A1 for your weddings your shooting? It's a nice cam and I prefer it to the other sony's I have.
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2007, 09:20 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monday Isa View Post
Hey Darrell you decided on the A1 for your weddings your shooting? It's a nice cam and I prefer it to the other sony's I have.
Yeah I've chosen the A1 as my HD cam for weddings. I love my PD170 like no other but the A1 is the winner for HD.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 03:16 PM   #21
Wrangler

I tought Darrell everything he knows- don't let him try to convince any of you otherwise. :)

Glad to have you here Darrell.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 06:58 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Elliott View Post
I tought Darrell everything he knows- don't let him try to convince any of you otherwise. :)

Glad to have you here Darrell.
(^_^) Glen I believe you taught us all a lil something something (^_^)
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 11:11 AM   #23
Still Motion

I'll echo what others have send. Your site is clean and simple and very eas to navigate. I did have some problems getting the samples to play, or at least getting the proper on to play. I'm using Safari on a mac pro and it seemed like it was very unpredictable as to which clip would load when I clicked the buttons. I did however get them to play.

I really liked the idea of your demo as well. I've never done a demo as I've never een sure as to how much that would entice people or sell the product, but I thikn you did an excellent job of gettin couples interested in video in general as well as what you do.

I checked out some of your other clips at well. Probably my biggest comment would be that your voice overs seemed very forced, often put over top of music that had lyrics. It made it much tougher to make out what was happening and created more tension and less flow in the overall piece, or at least that was what I found. There isn't as much choice when you go with the more main stream music, so I can see why it is like that, but that is the first thing that I really noticed. Your demo really pulls the viewer in, but I found that less in your other clips, which is obviously what your selling to clients.

Patrick
www.still-motion.ca
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 11:36 AM   #24
Major Player

Hi There,
Nice site. Although my question pertains more to the smooth shooter. How do yiou manage to remove the pogoing movement from the arm. What cam is mounted on it and accessories. Also what settings are you using ie. springs, weights,etc. I also bought a smooth shooter but cannot remove the up and down bouncy motion it has. Any help would be great

Thanks
Jason Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 03:19 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau View Post
I checked out some of your other clips at well. Probably my biggest comment would be that your voice overs seemed very forced, often put over top of music that had lyrics. It made it much tougher to make out what was happening and created more tension and less flow in the overall piece, or at least that was what I found. There isn't as much choice when you go with the more main stream music, so I can see why it is like that, but that is the first thing that I really noticed. Your demo really pulls the viewer in, but I found that less in your other clips, which is obviously what your selling to clients.
Thanks for your comments and critique Patrick. Always good to hear another perspective.
Old March 25th, 2007, 03:22 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bowers View Post
Hi There,
How do yiou manage to remove the pogoing movement from the arm. What cam is mounted on it and accessories. Also what settings are you using ie. springs, weights,etc. I also bought a smooth shooter but cannot remove the up and down bouncy motion it has. Any help would be great
I understand wht you're saying about the up and down motion the arm makes. I have experienced that this is more perceptual and doesn't tend to show up in the video unless you're doing some serious motion. I'm using the PD-170, large battery, wide angle lens, and at times a wireless mic and 10/20 light. I don't recall what settings I have off-hand, however as long as you have your own rig properly balanced and the spring settings on your arm are correct, you should have no problems. Give some info about your rig so I can better help you.
Old March 25th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #27
Major Player

Hi Darrell
i am using a vx2100 with np-750 battery and that's it. I have a Bogen quick release mounted on the unit. I have put 3 weight plates on top and have it balanced for the camera. The arm is right in the middle as suggested in the manual.
Jason Bowers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques