Photo Montague at Receptions - Projector or TV? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 4th, 2007, 07:08 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Photo Montague at Receptions - Projector or TV?

Hi gang,

For those of you that show Photo Montages at the Receptions for the bride and groom, what equipment do you use to show them - A standard TV? Or do you set up a projector?

Just curious on the responses, I have a montage coming up in June that is to be shown at the reception and my initial thought was to bring a TV and set that up, but my business partner thinks that hauling a TV into the reception hall looks "unprofessional" and we should invest in a projection unit.

Thoughts?

Ryan
Old April 4th, 2007, 08:08 AM   #2
Major Player

I think it depends on what you are going to do with the montage. If it's a one time showing to all the guests, then you'll want to go with a projector for the size of the image. A TV would be good if you wanted to set it up in a corner near a waiting area, bar, or something like that. Then you could set the DVD to loop and people could look at it to help pass the time all night. Then again you could do both. Either way a TV presented the right way wouldn't be unprofessional. IMHO
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 08:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Be sure to find out the lighting situation of the event. If it's outdoors and will still be light outside, i would not go the projector route, it'll just be too hard to see. We've done just fine bringing a tv to the reception to show our montages, but it is a 52" big screen, sucks to haul around, so the 42" plasma is on its way. can't wait to see how heavy it is. But I agree, if you do it right, it will not come off as unprofessional. If you're presenting it at a one time deal, you will want everyone to be able to see it as said before.

Eric
Eric Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 08:52 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Projector.. i have mine in a smal luggage port and i also have my laptop or small dvd player in there as well.. depends on the show i guess..

if its HD, i run it off teh laptop asa cineform avo though mediaplayer.
If its a standard dvd, then i jsut run it off the player.. .

i use a projector and advise the clients of the best time to present this.
I also discuss it with the venue.

Sound is pumped through cables and staright into the Console or dj mixer

client has a choice of screens or they can save some cash by using a wall.
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques