Cool E-Shoot Photo/Video Samples - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 17th, 2007, 06:38 AM   #16
Major Player

Patrick that was great. Like Peter said, you did a great job of matching the coloration of the two mediums and it came out great. Nice work.

Ben
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 08:56 AM   #17
Still Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Davis View Post
Nice looking stuff Patrick, my two favorite shots are probably them 'in solice' laying on the straw field, and the shot of her eyes over his shoulder in the baseball cap.
Thanks Steven. We are thinking of doing a poster sized print in metallic paper of either the one at the side of the barn where she is jumping oni his back and her hair is the air, or the one shortly thereafter where they are sitting in the field together with the very dark blue sky. My personal fav is by far the last one as it is very original, in my opinion, and has such an edge to it.

Thanks again.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 08:58 AM   #18
Still Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Omiatek View Post
Very Nice, Patrick. I purchased a Indicam Pilot last year and used it about 4 times. I need to break it out and practice more.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Jon
Hi Jon,

The Pilot is a great rig. It is similiar if not better than the Magiqcam I used for several years. I, like you, had the tendency to use it at first and then leave it at home. Once I got enough practice in and worked through the learning curve, it was a huge benefit throughout every production. We now do real-estate walk throughs with it, I use it on all our love stories as well as our larger wedding packages.

Patrick
Old April 17th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #19
Still Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lynn View Post
Patrick that was great. Like Peter said, you did a great job of matching the coloration of the two mediums and it came out great. Nice work.

Ben
Thanks Ben. That is something that I set out to do from the beginning and is usually much tougher as the photos have such high contrast and good saturation, plus they are edited for a good 20-30 min each. Not only did I have a preset on the A1 designed to give me more color and high contrast, but I also had to boost the saturation in post and really play with the curves. I was surprised how much adjustment I could make and the shots still looked good, although some are definately more edgy to match the photos.

Thanks again. It is always great to hear comments along the lines of what you were hoping to acheive.

Patrick
Old April 20th, 2007, 12:26 PM   #20
Major Player

Patrick:

Very nice. I watched it several times. Did you by chance use redeye wide lense on any of the shots?

Thanks,
John
John Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #21
Still Motion

Hi John,

I didn't get a chance to use my redeye for that shoot. Without a lens hood, you ned to be very careful of dust on the lens when your shooting outdoors. Everything was shot with the modded raynox fisheye (only the first few shots) and the rest was done with the 16x9 INC .7 wide angle. I got that only because I can add a lens hood. The cavision WA I had was basically useless when quality is a concern.

Patrick
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #22
Trustee

Dang, that's good!
Old April 21st, 2007, 02:01 AM   #23
Major Player

keep forgetting to add to this thread...very nice work, was taken back by how good the photos were too (esp. the angled one with the couple in the barn doors)...v.impressive, well done!
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 02:29 PM   #24
Still Motion

Thanks Richard. I really like how both the photos and video can add to each other when done right.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques