Single Camera wedding - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 13th, 2007, 06:00 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Well, the wedding went off without a hitch. I was lucky enough to enlist my brother to be 2nd cam in the balcony. My XH-A1 worked great and the footage looked pretty good.

The only problem I may have is that my 2nd cam is a VX-2100 so there may be a mismatch in the color balance. But I love that camera - it always takes a great picture and you can't beat the low light capability.

So I am eager to get it into my editing app and starting working on it.

Thanks for all of the help.
Jim
Jim Bucciferro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 06:13 AM   #32
New Boot

Awesome. I think it's better to have two cameras with different color settings than just to have one camera.

Glad it worked out!
Ferdi Willemse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:26 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Quote:
The only problem I may have is that my 2nd cam is a VX-2100 so there may be a mismatch in the color balance. But I love that camera - it always takes a great picture and you can't beat the low light capability.
I hate having to color match because of different cameras. I used 2 Pd170s for the wedding I did on Saturday and it is so nice to not have to adjust anything. I haven't used a vx2100 but the pd170 can do great low light stuff as well.
Adam Hoggatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:47 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Yeah, the PD-170 and the VX-2100 are the same camera optically. PD170 has professional audio and some other features, but they both take the same great video.

Jim
Jim Bucciferro is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques