What's the final video look like? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 3rd, 2007, 10:21 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Green View Post
These forums have been great for my business.
You can say that again!
Old May 4th, 2007, 07:25 AM   #17
Inner Circle

long form, depends on teh client.. most people here are misinformed in regard to what is "long" is it an edit, is it a light edit, is it a hack, is it plain raw footage or is it a feature length edited presentation
What is feature length?

Id love to offer raw footage and a short edit, but most clients (well most high paying clients) dont want this.. they want a feature..
With this, it depends on what you believe to be feature worthy. How entertaning you can make it without cutting too much of the juice out, but cutting enough to keep it well paced.

Noone can say whats right or wrong or what works, so offering a series of packages to cover teh base ground is probably the wisest option

I do long form, and this is what sells my product over my competitors, not because its long, but because its comprehensive and detailed.
I include the full ceremony using at least 2 cameras, and the speeches are done in the same fashion

Short form is similar to what was described in the first post.

I have different plans for different shooting formats, ie, I wont do a XDCam/BD feature length edit. I will provide footag, but i wont edit the lot. I jsut dont have the time or the resources, in addition to my costs now being marginally lower than the competitors.
So for me, HD will be the stepping stone to bring prices up to over 5k, without the need to do SDE's or reception floorshows etc etc

In Aus, our market is vastly different, and 95% of potential clietns are uneducated

this in itself makes it harder for us to not only sell our work, but to also explain the differences between what we do vs the dude down the road.
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques