SDE + Lotsa 35mm goodness (letus) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 16th, 2007, 10:16 AM   #16
Major Player

Jason,

I'm interested in the LetusFE but a bit concerned about the light lose associated with it... I plan on using the Letus only for the preparation segment, which sometimes occur in dimly lit rooms. Do you often find that the LetusFE really prevented you from capturing a certain shot that you normally would have gotten if it wasn't for the light lose? Thanks.
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 04:15 AM   #17
Major Player

I would say yes, I lose a full stop (perhaps more) when using the rig. Practically impossible to use it inside a church. Prep venues here are mostly well lit so it isn't much of a problem.

BUt try to wait for the brevis flip solution or the new letus flip. Both boast only half a stop of loss. Also, keep to using, lenses with f2 openings.

Cheers!
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 01:39 PM   #18
New Boot

Jason,

It looks quite good, and held me from start to finish and I really enjoy your colour work.. it's very interesting, feels like CSI or something. The song was an excellent choice, although I'm not sure it matches the footage towards the middle of the film.

One thing that has always bothered me about your work is that you seem to blow your whites into next week.. sometimes they glow they are so blown.. is that intentional or is their an exposure issue / filter/production issue? The highlights look extremely poorly handled.

I thought I saw a 35 shot with movement, where you pulling focus yourself or did you have someone do it for you?

Regards,

John.
John Edgar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques