New Demo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 1st, 2007, 09:20 PM   #1
Trustee

New Demo

Hey all,

Working on a new demo for one of the companies I shoot and edit for here in Montreal. Still a work in progress, hence the best time to ask for feedback.

Hope you like it.

http://tinyurl.com/ynvg2p

Thanks,
Vito
Old June 3rd, 2007, 04:41 PM   #2
Trustee

Is it that bad?....
Vito DeFilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 08:51 PM   #3
Inner Circle

OH MY GOSH, JUST AWFUL!!! JUST KIDDING!
<wink>
Looked pretty good to me, wasn't really trying to spot anything specific - brain already fried from editing, but nothing stood out. I'll have another look when I get a chance and see if anything jumps out!

DB>)
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 08:56 PM   #4
Major Player

I thought it was pretty good at first look, great shots :)

I think 2 things that I thought could be improved was maybe the image seemed a bit flat, as in maybe crushing the blacks a bit or saturating the colours a bit more.

The other is the old film effect looks more like a fault with the image jumping then actually old/film look, maybe needs to be a bit more obvious for the look your going for or removing the jump and just keeping the light flicker.

These are small things and I found the general edit flowed well and as you said its a work in progress so obviously you would be making adjustments.

hope that helps.
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 06:36 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Szilveszter View Post
I thought it was pretty good at first look, great shots :)

The other is the old film effect looks more like a fault with the image jumping then actually old/film look, maybe needs to be a bit more obvious for the look your going for or removing the jump and just keeping the light flicker.
I agree with the jump comment. I didn't want to include it at all, but the company owner asked me for it. It looks out of place to me. We'll see what his feedback is when he sees it.

Thanks for the feedback, you guys.
Old June 4th, 2007, 11:26 AM   #6
Trustee

More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito DeFilippo View Post
I agree with the jump comment. I didn't want to include it at all, but the company owner asked me for it. It looks out of place to me. We'll see what his feedback is when he sees it.

Thanks for the feedback, you guys.
I could barely tell that there was an old style effect applied so that makes me think it needs to be heavier.

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 07:01 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Great Song. I think it was a perfect selection for the style of edit you did and seems to match the couples personality. But then again, maybe you just edited them that way <wink>. Who's the song by?
Paul J Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
I could barely tell that there was an old style effect applied so that makes me think it needs to be heavier.
Oh, boy. That's the difference between what I see at full res, and after it's compressed for the web. I need to see it at its final size, I guess.

Thanks for the comment.
Old June 4th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #9
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul J Carey View Post
Great Song. I think it was a perfect selection for the style of edit you did and seems to match the couples personality. But then again, maybe you just edited them that way <wink>.
Actually, I did use a very different editing style because of the song choice. I generally change what I'm doing to fit the music, and try to find music that suits the couple and/or the footage.

Quote:
Who's the song by?
A Canadian singer named Feist. The song is "Mushaboom", believe it or not.

Cheers,
Vito

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques