Need Firestore help -please at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 29th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #1
Major Player

Need Firestore help -please

Hope you guys can shed some light on this.
In researching the possible purchase of FS4 I have found 2 units that I have been told are the same thing, supposedly just older and neweer part numbers. An ASYF 1158-01LF and an ASYF-0919-01. They are supposedly the same unit BUT I can get the first one for about $650 and the second one for almost $1000. Doesn't sound like the same unit to me. Does anyone know if there is a difference between the two??? As far as I cantell they both come with the same accessories (firewire cord, battery, belt clip etc.) These are 40G units - not the Pro model. Any help?

OK - fuurther information:

This gets more and more confusing:

Here is a quote from the dealer I was inquiring to; I asked what the difference was between the ASYF 1158-01LF and the ASYF 0919-01

They are one and the same: ASYF-1158-01LF is older FS-4 designation (non-HD)but ALL FS-4s are now HD.

So I would assume from that that the 1158 was the older designation and the 0919 is the newer designation FOR THE SAME UNIT.- no difference. Except the 0919 is $350 more

Then from another dealer I got this; He is talking about a ASYF-0831-01 which he had priced at $989

This is the older model, the replacement model for this is: ASYF-1158-01LF and it is only 695.00 instead of the current price on this one.

So it appears that he was asking 989 for the older model and 695 for the newer model??? AND that there are three models (of this particular unit) going from older to newer 1. 0831-01 2. 1158-01LF and 3. 0919-01.

The older ones appear to be silver and the newer ones black. And they all do HD. Now what are the real differences???

I've noticed that most of the time, but especially on eBay, they only say FS4 and don't give a model number..

Any help from someone more knowledgable than I (which means anyone)?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques