Opening Menu segment at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 12th, 2007, 06:16 AM   #1
Major Player

Opening Menu segment

Well Jim shared a menu clip and put it out there, so I feel compelled to share to. I don't believe I ever shared a menu segment b4. This one was a different style of menu for me. It was from a recent Quinceanera. The girl saw this done in another video but it was apart of the video, and she loved the concept and wanted me to do something similar. So I thought about it and filmed this short segment, and used it for the menu as it doesn't fit anywhere in the regular video. To staged.

Link removed

If there's something you would've done different please feel free to share. PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO DIFFERENT the clip is finished. I'm interested in hearing how you would shoot something like this. Thanks

Monday

Last edited by Monday Isa; July 12th, 2007 at 08:14 PM. Reason: removed link
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 06:55 AM   #2
Trustee

Cool,

But, would have been great to spin her round in normal clothes, flash to white as she is still spinning with wedding dress on...
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:12 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Phil for commenting! What do you mean exactly by spin her around? Do you mean spin on ground or do you mean to leave a full 360 spin then flash to white with another 360 spin? I know I didn't include the full spin as the dad could only spin his daughter in the air but 1 second :(
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:02 AM   #4
Trustee

whilst she was being spun around in her normal clothes mix in her being spun around in wedding dress at the same point of the spin. Would be very slick.
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:18 AM   #5
Major Player

Gotcha, 100% Agree. Thanks Phil
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:24 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Very nice concept, although it seems a little long. Also, might it be more effective to go from black and white to color?
Jon Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:16 AM   #7
Major Player

Hey Jason,
Thanks for your comments. It may definitely be a little long b4 you can get to the menu portion, but it was my first one, and future ones will definitely be shorter. In regards to your valid question I think it works in both ways. If done in a highlights segment that was more upbeat I would go from black and white to color. I was hoping to make this segment seem like it's a separate video all together so I chose more of the dramatic approach if that is the correct term to use here. I wanted it to seem make believe so I did the b/w and glow on the last part. Thanks for your input, very much appreciated.

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques