User Group Meeting - Washington, DC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 16th, 2007, 09:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

User Group Meeting - Washington, DC

Mark your calendars!

The next Washington Baltimore Vegas User Group (WBVUG) meeting will be held on Saturday, September 1st, 2007, from 3:00pm - 5:00pm at the Chevy Chase Neighborhood Library. The Chevy Chase Neighborhood Library is located 1 1/2 blocks south of Chevy Chase Circle at the Maryland state line in Washington DC, NW near McKinley Street and Connecticut Avenue. We currently have reserved a meeting room that seats 60 people so there is plenty of room for everyone. There is no charge for attending the meeting but come prepared to share "Tips, Tricks and Lessons Learned" while working with Sony Vegas.

So come on out and meet your fellow Sony Vegas video editors located in the Washington, Baltimore and Northern Virginia area!

Thanks and we hope to see you there. For an agenda go to the following web page.

www.oicproductions.net/wbvugm.html

If you have any questions, please contact Mickey Grackin.

Mickey Grackin
OIC Productions
mgrackin@oicproductions.net
www.oicproductions.net
Mickey Grackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2007, 08:24 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Meeting Information Update

A couple of quick things:

1) For those of you planning on attending, please let me know so I have a good count of people who will be attending.

2) A little enticement for those of you in the Washington DC area: I wanted to let everyone know that Sony Creative Software has graciously offered to supply some very nice giveaways for our meeting in September. Thank you Sony Creative Software.

I hope to see many of you there!

Mickey Grackin
OIC Productions
www.oicproductions.net
Old August 30th, 2007, 08:02 AM   #3
Regular Crew

!FINAL REMINDER! User Group Meeting - Washington, DC

I just wanted to send out one final reminder that the Washington Baltimore Vegas User Group (WBVUG) will be meeting THIS SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 1st, 2007. We have two presentations lined up and some great stuff to give away at the meeting. Location and contact information may be found at the following web page.

www.oicproductions.net/wbvugm.html

I'm looking forward to seeing you all there!

Mickey Grackin
OIC Productions
www.oicproductions.net
Old August 30th, 2007, 09:27 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I wish I could go, man.
Old August 30th, 2007, 09:23 PM   #5
Major Player

I'm really upset that I'm missing this. I recommend anybody who can attend to do so because the second presenter is my coworker Mike Francis.

Mike is a tough guy but also a brillant guy. He started as a newspaper photographer and sound-man for local bands. With that sturdy foundation he moved into video. You name any stage in the video production assembly line and he can do it.

He is the classic one man band. Currently, he mostly does 3 camera government meeting shoots with up to twelve mics - all by himself. Mike does all his post-production in Vegas and knows how to color correct for just about any situation.

I'd even go as far to say that he's almost as good as me. ;)

Check him out if you get a chance.

Last edited by Theodore McNeil; August 30th, 2007 at 09:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Theodore McNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 09:37 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Theodore,

I met Mike last year when he attended the WBVUG meeting we had in September.

I'm sorry you will miss the meeting. Hopefully the next one! Same for you Steven. If you would like me to add you to my email list for WBVUG members please send me your email addresses.

Mickey Grackin
OIC Productions
www.oicproductions.net
Mickey Grackin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...