DVDA burning problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 17th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVDA burning problem

I have a project that I am working on. When I author in DVDA and put in the duplicator to copy, it gives an error. When I put it in the computer and try to copy it, it gives the good ol' redundancy error. THis is the first project I have ever used DVDA and have never had a problem with the other authoring software I am using. Any suggestions??? Am I doing something wrong??

Thanks
Old August 17th, 2007, 08:09 PM   #2
Inner Circle

a little more info would be helpful. Things like, are you using DVDA to rneder to MPEG, if not, what. What kind of duplicator, what kind of media, what error is the dulplicator actually giving you. When you try to copy it in the computer what software are you using or are you just trying to copy the VOB files to the new disc?
Anything you can tell us will help in trying to uravel this mystery.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2007, 08:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Using Vegas to render to an MPEG file. I have tried on 2 different duplicators, one by sony and one by pioneer...I can not remember the exact error given (it is at the office). I am using nero to burn the final DVD, but I get the same error when I burn it using DVDA. I am authoring to the hard drive and then using nero to drag the video_ts file...I have used this for years and never had a problem.

Hope this helps.
Old August 17th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #4
Inner Circle

OK let me clarify. Are you talking about actual duplicators OR DVD burners?

So I'm asking have you gotten a burned disc from this project and are trying to dupe it or you are trying to burn an original disc?

Don
Old August 17th, 2007, 09:41 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I am talking about duplicators. I burn the original in my DVD burner and then put it in the duplicator. It appears the original disc contains the error. Several tries
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:52 PM   #6

I'd be looking at the media in this case. One thing that DVD A doesn't do in NTSC-land excepting some very rare cases, is output non-compliant files.
Try a different brand of media.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2007, 07:09 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Are you burning Single or Double layer discs?

I would try this -- burn your project to DVD Folders on your hard drive. Then use something like IMGBURN to burn those folders to Disc. Then try that disc in your duplicators.

Some other things to consider (some already mentioned)
-don't burn at the fastest speed (try 4x for a good original)
-check your media

Regards,
George
George Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2007, 08:31 AM   #8
Regular Crew

I have tried taiyo yuden, maxell, and verbatim DVD's so i don't think thats the problem. I am also burning to DVD folders on the hard drive and then using those to copy over to the disc. I am burning single layer at 4x.
Old August 18th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #9
Major Player

Which DVD duplicator are you using? Does it support the DVD-A format?
Glenn Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2007, 02:49 PM   #10
Regular Crew

What is DVD A format? Is it not just a DVD compliant file. Regardless, i am still getting the cyclic redundancy error when I try to copy it from the disc to the computer. I did that to see if the error was with the dup or with the disc. 2 different computers give the same error.
Old August 18th, 2007, 03:30 PM   #11
Inner Circle

If you have burned a copy of the project and now have the disc and can't get the duplicator or the computer to copy it without getting and error AND you have tried various media then there is, in my mind at least, only one thing it could be. I think you might have a corrupted file somewhere in the project that for some reason is preventing you from duping or copying.
Yes DVD Architect produces a compliant file at least it has since I've been using it (version 1 Vegas 3) and I've never had a problem that even closely resembles this situation you are having. Again, it's strictly a wild guess but there's something going on in the project OR---OR---perhaps one of the settings for DVDA is incorrect (IE-PAL when it should be NTSC or something along those lines--remember we're brainstorming and taking wild guesses now)
Man this is really confusing. I've burned hundreds if not thousands of DVDs with DVDA, singles, multiples, masters for dup, masters for replication and this is the first time I have ever heard of this.
Perhaps you should go back to square 1 and check the project files and rerender then reburn in DVDA. PITA I know but when all else fails go back to the beginning.
Don
Old August 18th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Possible breakthrough

I have a possible break through here. I moved the hard drive to another computer and burned to a disc...no problems and no errors duping just fine now.

Is it possible that there could be a problem with my burner...never heard of anything like this.

Don, I tried several times starting from square 1 but the problem still persists. Oh well, I at least have a solution for now.

Any other suggestions?? Thanks for all the help
Old August 18th, 2007, 04:19 PM   #13
Major Player

Sorry, I thought your were burning a DVD-A format disc. Glad it's working.
Glenn Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2007, 05:57 PM   #14
Inner Circle

Well if by moving the hard drive with the prepared files on it to another computer made it work then it would seem logical that there is a problem with the system drive or program on the first computer. Perhaps the system drive or program on that computer got infected or something.
Anyway glad you got it working.

Don
Old August 18th, 2007, 07:15 PM   #15
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Grimes View Post
Is it possible that there could be a problem with my burner...never heard of anything like this.
Yes. I didn't want to chime in because I so seldom know what's going on, but I've had a lot of trouble with burners and DVD Architect. I tried several, then finally bought a Sony and all my troubles went away!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...