Excalibar... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 26th, 2007, 04:22 AM   #1
Trustee

Excalibar...

Just come across reference to 'Excalibar'. What precisely does it do?
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:46 AM   #2
Regular Crew

It is an excellent add-in for Vegas. It uses scripting to provide a bunch of tools that can be extremely useful. It is supported by periodic newsletters and a user forum. The website is:
http://www.jetdv.com/excalibur
The tools I use most often allow me to: automate multi-cam editing, add markers as specific intervals on the timeline, render to mpeg and ac3 files automatically for use in making DVDs and split a stereo track into two tracks.
Buddy
Buddy Frazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:52 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Excalibur can do so much to enhance your editing and shorten the time spent on a project. For instance, the multicam feature alone would be worth it to many people but add in the abitlity to remove all markers includeing regions, reset pan/crop, remove FXs, unsquiggle a clip, set up 4 point audio envelopes, video wall, do effects including strobing, fix a bad frame, save projects (multiple locations for safety) and much much more at the touch of ONE button.
You can tell I like the program. I've been using is since it first came out and have watched it grow and frankly I wonder how I could work without it.

Take a look, DL the trial, if you don't like it nothing lost.
BTW, I have nothing to do with the developement or sale of the program, I just like it a lot.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 01:40 PM   #4
Trustee

Thanks so much. I'll have a look at it.
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...