Windows Media Player not working with second monitor? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 2nd, 2007, 09:13 AM   #1
Trustee

Windows Media Player not working with second monitor?

I'm running Windows XP using a nVidia Quadro FX 1300 video card.

My setup works fine with Sony Vegas. My main monitor is a 24" Dell 2405. I'm using a 1280x720 LCD (32" HDTV) via DVI for my second monitor.

Windows media player is version 11. I get nothing on the second monitor when viewing Windows Media Player?

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong here? The second monitor appears to be setup correctly with Windows XP. When you click on "indentity" in Windows display settings, it show a large "1" on the Dell, and shows a large "2" on my 32" second monitor. Also, it works fine with no issues using Sony Vegas.

Any ideas?
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2007, 02:45 PM   #2
Trustee

Since it works in Vegas I suspect it is a WMP11+nvidia issue. Have you checked the Forceware release notes for a mention of WMP11 with dual monitors?
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2007, 07:11 PM   #3
Major Player

I have a dual monitor with an nVidia card. I don't have a problem with WMP playing on the second monitor.

I start it playing in windowed mode on the primary display, drag it over to the secondary display then choose full screen mode.
John Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2007, 11:58 PM   #4
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F Miller View Post
I have a dual monitor with an nVidia card. I don't have a problem with WMP playing on the second monitor.

I start it playing in windowed mode on the primary display, drag it over to the secondary display then choose full screen mode.
John? Is this WMP11? I had such issues with 11 I uinstalled it and went back to 10.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 01:26 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Almost always a driver issue. Lower your acceleration, change overlay mode, or stop/restart playback on the other monitor.
Matthew Chaboud is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...