older (v6) projects benefit from V8? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 15th, 2007, 02:47 PM   #1
Slash Rules!

older (v6) projects benefit from V8?

So I have a Vegas 6 project in its finishing stages. All color correction, FX, etc. have been applied, basically, ready to be rendered out. This was shot on an XL2--so standard def miniDV. I was wondering if by opening this project in V8 with the 32 bit setting applied, will the project now benefit from the processing in V8? will all my issues regarding "banding, feathered edges, fades and gradients" (what 32 bit processing is supposed to help with in an 8 bit project) caused by the color correction and FX be resolved. . .will I see any improvement at all? Or would I have to take off all FX and reapply them in V8 to see a difference? Or would I see a difference either way?
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #2
Major Player

Good question. Same question for existing projects made in version 7.
Ron Chau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2007, 08:23 PM   #3
Slash Rules!

I ask because some things don't really work the way you think they would. Some things don't take effect unless you set them before ever adding media to the project in the first place.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...