Batch Render Times? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 19th, 2007, 04:34 PM   #1
Major Player

Batch Render Times?

I'm rendering a project which contains several nested projects but not multiple nest or even parallel nests... basically it's a 1 hour nested project of 1 video file and 1 stereo audio file (two plugins on the video files 6 channel color adj tool and the regular color corrector... and broadcast safe on the overall project) that is layered with 4 mono files and 1 stereo file (all of these have a decent amount of eq'ing, compression, limiting going on). After that I have 1 hour of a few(3) nested projects dropped one after each other with just a little Audio cleaning done on each, no color correction or anything on those (all pre-edited/rendered before I got them).

I did a batch render to mpeg2 dvda template and ac3 stereo dvd template and selected render regions (obviosly I marked regions on each of these sections mentioned above.)

I hit reneder and it's been going for about 1 hour and 45 mins, it still has ZERO percent complete and saying like 17 hours estimated time and counting.

I normally can render a 2+ hour file in around 10 hours (that has about the same amount of color correcting and audio processing done).

*Vegas 7, Intel 3.06 ghz (hyper threading enabled), 1.5gigs ram (about 340mb for render preview in options) All my source media is on a non-system drive (SATA1) and I'm rendering to my system drive (regular ATA), though it only has 13gigs free!*

Anyone know what's the deal? is that right? I'm thinking I would be done faster if I did them all seperately.

*edit* Now it's up to 24 hours... I'm gonna stop this now and just do it individually. This is my first time doing nested projects... I certainly hope that isn't causing this.
Kevin Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 08:22 PM   #2
Major Player

OK, now I need some serious help.

I found the problem(well, sorta)... it had nothing to do with batch rendering... it was just that first region is the problem... but that's the biggest one (1 hour long)... it's was gonna take the longest so I saved that for last... so I could let it go over night.

It won't budge... it doesn't even drop the file in the folder where I'm trying to render.

What gives?!?
Kevin Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2007, 05:41 PM   #3
Trustee

Batch

Are you still trying to batch render this? I have never gotten an batch or network rendering to work. It did just what you said. Stood there for hours on 0%.

I gave up and just opened the project on my second system and rendered it there, while I did other thigns on my main system.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2007, 06:22 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
Are you still trying to batch render this? I have never gotten an batch or network rendering to work. It did just what you said. Stood there for hours on 0%.

I gave up and just opened the project on my second system and rendered it there, while I did other thigns on my main system.
No, just trying to render it straight up now... I have actually reposted this as another topic now sense it's really unrelated and won't help anyone that is trying to solve my other problem if they are searching.

Here is the other thread:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=103977
Kevin Richard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...