V8 Titler at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 28th, 2007, 10:47 AM   #1
Major Player

V8 Titler

When I open the new titler it flashes alot when I am working on it, anyone have an answer for this
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I think that's a feature! I have the same problem and I have read here and elsewhere that others are too.

Very annoying.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2007, 10:44 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Flashes a lot ?? Do you have some kind of example. Not clear on what you are talking about. Did my first titles with this product for a UWOL Challenge on this forum. You can see the opening title. Not saying its great, just that it works for me.

http://www.uwolchallenge.com/challen...atswhatiam.mov
Old September 30th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Chris,

The titler window itself flashes when working in it (i.e. it's not the end result that flashes). It seems to happen when the screen is being redrawn under certain circumstances (but I haven't been able to work out what the circumstances are!).

I wonder if it is specific to certain graphics hardware (I have a Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX, latest drivers. Hugh, what graphics card do you have?)

I'm sure it's a wrinkle that will be ironed out in 8.0a.

Ian . . .
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #5
Major Player

Yes, extremely annoying to the point of just not using it.I couldn't get V8 to work on my laptop so I had switch to my desktop, its fine so far, we'll see. V8 still gets unresponsive at times and I have to get out of program. And, my computer is plenty powerful enough so I don't have answer, seems each computer has its own issues with V8, never had an issue with 7 on any computer.
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...