Multicam v8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 28th, 2007, 02:31 AM   #1
Trustee

Multicam v8

A sort of question or at least situation that some may like to comment on.

I have begun editing a 4 camera wedding with multicam in v8. Before running the multicam track thingi, I played around with some needed colour correction. One source file needs a section of it colour corrected and one whole source file needs correcting.

Well, when I made the multicam track I lost all my colour correction, so have to do all that again. (It told me this would happen.)

As the multicam track eventually gets carved up into various events as I choose angles, I'm assuming that I will have to correct the multicam track events that need it (the ones from the original track that only need a section corrected) and use media fx from Project media to correct the one that needs the whole file corrected. Any ideas on work flow in this situation?

One other thing.

I've just up-graded my computer to a pretty high spec/fast job as a result of my old one not being able to keep the preview window up to speed except on the smallest size draft! Any higher resolution and the picture would lag behind the audio.

Well...now I've got 4 video preview windows open for the 4 cameras, and I've found the audio disappears at times, apparently because the new computer can't keep up!! :-(
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 12:36 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

If you need to color correct the entire clip, add the color correction on the media in the PROJECT MEDIA instead of on the timeline. If you only need to color correct a small section of a clip, You can either split it up into multiple segments or just manually color correct the smaller number of sections used after the fact.

To split it up, you might try using a Subclip for the section that needs correcting. Replace the section that needs correcting with the subclip and the color correct it in the Project Media.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 12:59 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Edward.
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 05:14 PM   #4
Trustee

Ahhh hah!

Thank you Edward. I am in a similar position right now with my current wedding and I will have to figure out of cam 1 is consistent enough to apply to CC to the media or if I need to proceed on the event level.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...