Nested project - not enough memory - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 20th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #16
Major Player

interesting

one of the annecdotes was to go back to 8.0a and for that member if fixed the problem, I downloaded a trial version of it today and I couldn't open the current project file from 8.0c that I've been trying to render.

It's only 16mins so far in this project and I haven't been able to render it , stopping at various points. Previously I had done full 2hr wedding DVDs on earlier version of 8 with no probs, just now it's a pain with 8.0c.

So I have pulled up a older project, prob a 8.0b and that opened, and it was about 35 clips going for prob about 20mins, I don't know as I didn't check and it's rendering as I type on my workstation, and it seems to being going well, the one thing I noticed, even though Vegas has always underused the CPU's in rendering, usually hovers around 75% to 90%, I notice 8.0a sits on about 35% and the render is a lot slower.

Could this be the culprit under 8.0c? I noticed my quad machine with 4GB Ram was rendering upto 2.5/3 times normal preview speed, maybe it renders so fast the rest of the system can't keep up and then you get the memory access errors and/or stopping of the render??

Just a thought, of those with the render probs, are you using Raid arrays or single drives? I use single 7200rpm SATA drives for DV and HDV projects.

Regards

Adam
Adam Letch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...