Vegas 8 Multicam at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 5th, 2007, 02:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas 8 Multicam

Okay, I'm a bit stumped by Vegas 8's multicam editing. I have stacked two clips on the timeline and aligned them by hand (they weren't shot in sync and there's no timecode).

I then go to Tools > Multicamera > Enable Multicamera Editing and the preview window shows only ONE camera angle, full screen, with a nice little "1" in the corner.

Doesn't help me much and the help file in Vegas tells me nothing.

So what boneheaded thing am I doing wrong here?

rgb
Rob Gregory-Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Rob,
Make sure that both video tracks are selected before clicking Enable Multicamera Editing. That should do it. I just love the new multicam.

Regards,
Jerry
Jerry Jesion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Jesion View Post
Rob,
Make sure that both video tracks are selected before clicking Enable Multicamera Editing. That should do it. I just love the new multicam.

Regards,
Jerry
Oh, I wish it were that easy. I've tried selecting both tracks, I've tried deselecting them, I've tried everything I can think of -- to no avail. I still get only one event preview with a turquoise border around it and a little "1" in the bottom right corner.

The second event is still hidden.
Old November 5th, 2007, 04:09 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Proof that is WAS a bonehead move by me, it seems you have to select the tracks, then select CREATE MULTICAMERA TRACK first. Once I did that, everything was working fine.

Live and learn.

rgb
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:04 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Rob,
I made a mistake! I meant to select the tracks then click CREATE MULTICAMERA TRACK as you discovered. Sorry about misleading you.....

Regards,
Jerry

Last edited by Jerry Jesion; November 6th, 2007 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Typo
Jerry Jesion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #6
Trustee

heh (raises hand)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Jesion View Post
Rob,
I made a mistake! I meant to select the tracks then click CREATE MULTICAMERA TRACK as you discovered. Sorry about misleading you.....

Regards,
Jerry
I did exactly the same thing and was stumped for a good 20 minutes before cracking open the Vegas help file and looking up the multicam feature.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...