Cristal Clear WMV videos with Vegas ... how? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 11th, 2007, 06:01 AM   #16
Inner Circle

the lighting is a bit weak too, background is too strong (windows) , while foreground is too dark. "crystal clear" is often only a perception of mind. look at some shot from "Bikini destination" they always looks sharp.
for example, your interior is "fuzzy", lots of things with many details. (on the right).
lots of reflections (use a polarizer) and moving shadows (bad for compression, diffuse your lights)
your subject (the guy ?) is lost in the background. the red stuff looks flat, because the blue windows.
there are too many shadows on the skin (light from under would be great in that case)
uniform colors for wall, green plants as props are great stuff.
you can also remove noise from video to get better compression.
virtualdub as lot of filter for this (especially the neat video plugin).
you should post a 5 sec original file so i can show you how to do it.

Last edited by Giroud Francois; November 11th, 2007 at 03:33 PM.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #17
New Boot

Thanks John Cline, tried your tips and quality improved on 960x540. Im just affraid because we advise on our sites we got "HD" videos (not really hd quality but resolution) and Im afraid this will affect our sales. What about 1440x1080i? I see media player play fines on full performance but distort the video on low performance. Am I going to have problems with some surfers not playing fine this resolution? Quality will be better since I will not convert to 720?

Jack Zhang, where I can set it to 60p? I cant find in vegas ...

Giroud Francois, thanks for the great tips, I will put a raw file for you shortly.
Henrique Meneghelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:53 PM   #18
Major Player

I think anyone on the Internet would consider 960x540 to be "HD." Technically, anything that isn't SD at 720x480 would be HD. 1440x1080i is out of the question unless someone has a REALLY fast Internet connection. The same goes for 60p.

I still think that 960x540 is your "sweet spot" and is a good compromise between image quality, filesize and bandwidth required to view it over the Internet.
John Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 11:35 PM   #19
Major Player

I shoot with an FX1 and edit on Vegas and find that the 960X540 frame size is the best overall HD size for anything that will ever be viewed on a computer.

Like John said before, HD is anything over 480, so you technically are correct and frankly, I think your clients are there for subject matter and good clean video. Frame size is not something they are likely to complain about (I wouldn't think).

Jon
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:41 AM   #20
New Boot

You guys got some really nice points and I will give it a try. 960x540 should be the way I will be going to, thanks ...

Giroud, Im still finding a software to split mpeg2, Im not with the tape of this movie on my hand, if I cant find any till the end of the day I will put a link to another raw video. Thanks
Henrique Meneghelli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...