Particle Magic and Vegas? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 21st, 2007, 07:28 AM   #1
Trustee

Particle Magic and Vegas?

Been wanting to get Wondertouch's Particle magic to work with m2t but it doesnt work!! Anybody here has a workaround? I have not bought the SW due to this reason
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:13 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi, could you be more specific?
Second, I think you mean Particle Illusion...
For an example, you can render the project out from Particle Illusion in .tga or .avi (which is a non destructive format), and when finished, you simple import the project to Sony Vegas and render it out from there.
Remember .tga files are not a video format, U import the whole sequence of the pics in the map you created. Depending on how many fps you choose, creates numbers of .tga files.

Then just Render it out to a m2t file in Sony Vegas... Simple..
Kim Olsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 06:11 PM   #3
Trustee

Oops! yeah I particel illusion. What I'm trying to do is to import m2t footages into PI3.0 to add the particles.. for example a magic wan with a trail of particles. However:

1. I cannot import the m2t in there. Even if I imported native HDV>DV avi codec, I had a problem somehow.. What i the current solution? To convert the m2t to some intermediate format that I can work with in PI3.0?

2. After creating the particle, I can't export it to m2t. Only avi/tga. However I cant remb now if I tried to mix m2t with avi on the same timeline. Even if it can be done, would the quality degrade?
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:38 AM   #4
Major Player

You are trying to render the whole video/project within Particle Illusion? That is not how you shall do... The meaning of importing picture or video inside Particle Illusion, is only because you shall have it as a background, so you can have that as a navigation for the particles.
For an example, if you have a video finished, render it out from Vegas in very low quality (Thinks that Particle Illusion only accept .avi files).
Set up the resolution you want in Particle Illusion.
Then use the .avi file as a background video in Particle Illusion.
Now create your particles and and now you can use the background video you imported, which helps you see where you want the particles to move for an example.
When finished, you render it out from particle illusion, with black background for an example (You will only be rendering out your particles).
Then import the rendered .avi file or whatever you chosen to Sony Vegas.
Put it to a new track, remember to apply screen mode in compositing, if you selected black background.

OK, finished now render it out from Vegas in whatever format you want.

Hope u understand my english mate...
Kim Olsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2007, 06:27 PM   #5
Trustee

ha ha yes sir, I understand :) Thanks! I'm comparing this workflow with FXhome which can handle m2t directly it seems. Cuz I dislike the need to do the additional step to render a low res version. Thaz y i am also considering to move to FCPS2 where motion and FCP and work seamlessly but seems like that has it's problems as well.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...