Computer and V8 issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 6th, 2007, 11:15 AM   #1
Major Player

Computer and V8 issues

After all the issues there were with V8 I have concluded that most were individual computer issues and probably not software. Case in point, My main computer was a 3.0, dual chip, 2 gigs ram, etc. with external HD, should have plenty of power, nope, V8 never ran well, the tilter flashed and could not be used,V8 crashed, etc. etc. My other computer, laptop, 3.2 gig, 1 gig ram, external HD, etc. ran ok but still had issues, titler wouldn't work, alittle slow, My main desktop finally gave me the last fit. just never would run well. should have, but didn't. So I took an older computer, one I used as a server. 2.8 gig, Pent 4 processor, and put all my cards etc into it. have a TB of external HD, two internal HD's of 400 gig, It runs like a charm, no V8 issues, titler works perfectly, renders well. etc. Go figure.
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 06:32 AM   #2
Sponsor: VASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mobley View Post
Go figure.
I figure that your original PC needed a reformat and reinstall of Windows. You certainly had enough hardware power to run Vegas smoothly but was it originally configured for optimal performance? It also sounds like other software may have caused certain components of Vegas not to work correctly. Windows is a horrible operating system for compatibility. Each application you install adds to the possibility that it will interfere with other apps that are already installed. You may have just had a bad combination of applications that didn't play well together.

You might want to look at what applications are on the server that now works and reinstall Windows on the other PC with only those applications and see if it works better.

~jr

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...