Vegas 7 problems.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 16th, 2007, 11:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas 7 problems....

Hey everyone,

I've been working with vegas 7 for a while now, and i really love this program, very simple and almost never have any problems (like bugs) until now...

I don't understand why this is happening but here's what's goiing on

I normally film in 16:9 ratio, but i recently filmed in 4:3 with my FX1, it's not even in HD, I never had a problem capturing video with vegas before but now I can't capture anything of what i filmed in 4:3 ratio...

So i had to capture it with Windows movie maker, since the final product will be on youtube i captured it directly on WMV, and it worked exept after i transfered it on vegas and edited the whole thing everytime i pause and play vegas goes down.

Aso when i render the final video, vegas takes a still frame of a video that wasn't even on the captured file and freezes it... only keeping the sound right.

weird! has anyone ever had these problems??
Donald Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 01:37 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

If this is SD footage, are you using the EXTERNAL capture program (which captures SD footage) instead of the INTERNAL capture app (which captures HD footage)?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes Edward, when i plug in my FX1, vegas asks me to choose either DV or HDV/SDI.

Naturaly i choose DV (external video capture application) and i described what happenes next in my first message...
Donald Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 03:27 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

Is the camera set to output DV instead of HDV?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #5
Regular Crew

you don't get too choose on the FX1, the camera automaticaly outputs what was filmed (SD/HD)...
Donald Blake is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...