Vegas Renders to far, into the black at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 18th, 2007, 04:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas Renders to far, into the black

Hi guys,

Again this forum has saved me countless hours - thanks all for your infinite wisdom!

My new problem (couldn't locate answer by searching) is my project length was 2 minutes, but now its cut down to 1min. But when i render it still sees the 'whole' project of 2 minutes even though theres no video or audio. How do i set a project end point so i dont waste time rendering black (which is a major waste of time when running filters like Magic Bullet).

Thanks
Tim Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 04:50 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Odds are you have *something* out there. Maybe just a frame of video. When you click the button to go to the end of the project, where does it take you?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hmmm, i'll try that
Tim Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 06:27 PM   #4
Major Player

Select a region and check "Render loop region only".
Michael Jouravlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 08:08 PM   #5
Trustee

Right, but is there a way to get rid of that extra space at the end of the timeline?

I have a project where I removed the last three mintues. I applied the split command where I wanted the footage to end, then selected the newly split off footage on the right and deleted it.

But I still have the extra space in the time line. How can I get rid of it?

THANKS.
Peter Moretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 10:22 PM   #6
Inner Circle

If there's nothing out in space at the end of the project there's nothing to worry about but to solve your problem with this one it seems there is a clip or a marker well past the end of the project. My suggestion is to scroll down to the right on the TL and find what's there and delete it.
To find a marker you can use CONTROL (right arrow) that combo will take you to the NEXT marker-easy way to find it.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:58 AM   #7
Inner Circle

And if you can't find anything out to the right, try selecting all the clips in your desired area (click on top leftmost clip, then shift-click on bottom rightmost clip), then copy and paste them to a new project (which will require you to open a second instance of Vegas).

If your project settings are complex then I would file/save as to create a copy of the original project then select/all and delete everything. Then copy and paste your desired clips from the original.

A nice tool would be to be able to invert a selection, like in Photoshop, so having selected the clips you DO want, you can then invert the selection to have only those you do NOT want selected.

Isn't there some kind of audit script that will locate rogue elements?
Ian Stark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...