project settings for a1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 24th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

project settings for a1

this is probably a dead simple question but ive done a search and now im more confused, im on a very steep learning curve with it all

ive got
canon a1
vegas 7
tmpgenc 4

i thought my camera footage was 1920 x 1080, ive got it set to 50i
so set vegas's project property to that but when i check the media property's it says 1440 x 1080 x 32

where do i change this on the camera? what does the 32 mean?

im shooting kitesurfing and want to upload to stage 6, i am outputting from vegas as wmv then using tmp.. to convert to divx, i want the quality to be as good as possible but keeping it within a few hours render time

so im going to output the same size from vegas as the input without any deinterlacing then do it all in tmp..... before uploading

does this make sence ? ive done about 50 small tests now but still confused about the best way of interlacing etc

any help on settings greatly appreciated
Kev O'Brien is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...