How to get rid of this guy's head? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 13th, 2008, 07:11 AM   #31
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wisniewski View Post
Whoops, forgot to post the results, it's very girly so I don't know if this is the audience for it but here it is anyway. Shot in one night, edited in a couple more. Canon XH A1 24F / Sony Vegas + Cinescore / Lowell Pro + Tota lights ... blah, blah, blah ... you get the picture. Not much of a plot just mostly goofing around. We did this while we were cooped up during the winter and needed to find something to do inside.

http://www.vimeo.com/721958
Very funny. And nice work on the running scenes. Any steadicam type devices being used there, or just cradling the camera?
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 08:42 AM   #32
Wrangler

For the running I used the DV MultiRig with the handle bars up, and the cam sitting low in-between. It's a solid configuration when you're not sprinting and running sideways.
Old July 13th, 2008, 02:12 PM   #33
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wisniewski View Post
For the running I used the DV MultiRig with the handle bars up, and the cam sitting low in-between. It's a solid configuration when you're not sprinting and running sideways.
Dang. I have the MultiRigPro and I've done that configuration (though not at a live shoot yet) and I've never been too happy with the results. You results are making me reconsider the Glidecam 2000 I was about to buy first thing Monday. I may need to get some more practice on the MultiRig if this kind of shots are possible.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 09:38 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Jason...Just don't buy a FlyCam !!!
Chuck Pullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 10:28 PM   #35
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Pullen View Post
Jason...Just don't buy a FlyCam !!!
Heh.... I looked at them and if I am going to buy a knock off / imitation steadicam, then it is going to be a well made and expensive knock off. :-)

I'm actually going to buy the Glidecam 4000 & forearm support tonight from B&H (they seem to be the only ones that can get it to me by Thursday).

The Merlin just seems overkill on the price, and I couldn't see the GL2, Beachtec, and Light & softbox being within the weight limit of the device. I weighed them in at 7 pounds.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...