Mercalli and redering at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 8th, 2008, 10:23 PM   #1
New Boot

Mercalli and redering

Hi all,
I am using Vegas 7 pro, editing in HD.
With Mercalli applied to a clip on the time line like an FX, I could preview the clip fine; however, when I rendered, at the clip the has Mercalli applied, there is an over lapping of a clip in the position 2 clip before. That is, if clip number 3 has Mercalli effect, then after rendering, it shows with clip number 1 superimposing, like placing the clip number 1 on a track on top of clip 3, and reducing the opacity.
I tried to navigate prodad site for some info, but got lost, lol.
Well, I checked the clips, and seems like some clips are working ok, but some are not. :(, still trying to figure this out.
The not so funny thing is that, if I selectively render the region only, then it works just fine, the problem exits when I render the entire timeline.

Please advise,

Thanks

Tung

I guess I have to work around by rendering them individually and put the rendered clips back on the timeline.

Last edited by T. Pham; February 9th, 2008 at 07:00 PM.
T. Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2008, 06:55 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Assuming you don't have a track above Mercalli with opcity changes...

I have not seen that problem and I have used it on quite a few clips. I am using Vegas Pro 8 not 7. If the project isn't too complex you might try to create a new project or perhaps you should try uninstalling and reinstalling Mercalli.

This is a clip with Mercalli applied.
http://www.bhagavideo.com/CProjects.html

The student film on this page has Mercalli applied to multiple clips within the project.
http://www.bhagavideo.com/PProjects.html
Old February 10th, 2008, 11:51 PM   #3
New Boot

Hi
Thanks for dropping a msg.
Yeah, the track is by itself; I even deleted the clips before the one with Mercalli applied and replaced them with fresh clips. Problem still occurs. I was thinking maybe since I didn't register, there may be embeded feature in Mercalli that would cause the problem. I started a new project and applied Mercalli, clips in new project are ok. I am not really sure if it's Vegas or Mercalli. So I just had to render the clips with Mercalli individually and placed them back to the timeline.
Will reinstall Mercalli and see if it works on those clips.

Thanks

Tung
T. Pham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...