All kinds of problems running Vegas 7.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 06:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

All kinds of problems running Vegas 7.0

I have just built a new system to try and achieve greater speeds and edit HD footage in vegas. The system consists of a quadcore processor, 4 gb of ram and one sata hardrive configured as ide and one sata harddrive used for storage. I am running windows xp pro 64. I installed vegas 7.0 and tried to edit some existing footage captured on my previous pc under vegas 7.0. These clips were on the second hard drive and were all captured as dv.

Playback of the footage was jmpy under all settings and i had to resort to using draft auto to allow me to get the edit done. I had two video tracks and two audio tracks. No effects were applied the tracks and only crossfades when cutting between video tracks. The footage was of a show in the local theatre which ran for two hours so therefore the final edit is approx two hours as well. My poject is a pal template.

Heres the pain in the neck.......Everytime i render as mpeg using the deault architect template tweaked to include two pass rendering I am getting render times of 18 hours plus!!!!

Surley this cannot be right. What settings have I got wrong?
Do i need to do anything special during the install ie Program files x86 etc?
When i check the processor usage they never seem to go above 30%. It seems to make use of all cores so why so slow?

Can anybody help as I have just spent £1000+ and am a bit worried i have made a mistake.

Does anybody else have a system similar to this with the same operating system. Any suggestions?
Stephen Kettyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 05:33 AM   #2
Major Player

I may be wrong here but I think I remember someone saying Vegas does not support Windows 64. Also, Vegas will only see 2g so 4 gs will not help there.

It may also be worth updating to 7.0e too!

Sorry I'm not much help!
Stuart Campbell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...