DVD architect animated highlight mask at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 2nd, 2008, 02:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD architect animated highlight mask

Hi folks,

does anyone know of a way you can have animated highlight masks in DVDA menus?

this is what i want: the menu starts up with a few seconds of video, then the buttons fade in (Play, Chapter Select, etc.) and only after theyve faded in does the highlight mask show up to show which button is selected. Unfortunately the Highlight Mask doesn't seem to support any movie files only stills, unlike the thumbnail and frame masks which do support them. So, when the Menu loads up the highlight mask shows up from the start...

The only way I can think of doing this is with an intro movie file which moves to the menu afterwards but this will cause a slight jump in the audio and picture as the menu loads i would have thought.

this seems to be quite a common way commercial DVDs author their menus but i cant seem to replicate it. any thoughts welcome, and if anyone has achieved this with another DVD authoring package i'd be interested which one and how they did it!

Cheers,

Baldwin
Baldwin Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 08:13 PM   #2
Regular Crew

For the menu, under the GENERAL tab, try changing the LOOP POINT to be after the buttons fade in.

Regards,
George
George Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 02:46 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Wing View Post
For the menu, under the GENERAL tab, try changing the LOOP POINT to be after the buttons fade in.

Regards,
George
George is exactly right, that's how you do it. Just move the loop point on the menu video to after the image is able to loop seamlessly, and then it should go just fine.

I might suggest you pick up the Volume 6 of Vegas Training from VASST ( was certainly helpful to me since I was unaware of much of the stuff to get DVD's looking a little nicer since I do mostly direct File delivery and Tape Delivery ).

Dave
David Hadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #4
Regular Crew

many thanks george and david - here's to professional-looking DVD menus!

baldwin
Baldwin Li is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...