Problem w? Vegas Pro & DVD burning at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 4th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem w? Vegas Pro & DVD burning

I edited a project approx 12min long and wanted to create a DVD. Bare in mind I'm new to all of this. What format should I save the Type in? I saved it in MainConcept MPEG-2 (thinking that DVDs are rendured in MPEG-2) is this correct? The template was DVD NTSC...is this correct? Obviously not b/c it didn;'t play on my DVD player, not even the one on my computer. However, it did play on my PS3 but the quality was terrible. I also noticed that on the PS3 it recognized the disc as an AVC disk or format. Does this mean anything to you.
Any suggestions as to what the proper settings should be so I can play this on a regluar DVD player. In the event I want to share the disk I could only share it with people who have a PS3. Is there also a way to set this to play on a DVD player without loosing so much quality?
Tom Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 11:25 PM   #2
Major Player

Creating a DVD for playback on a DVD player requires a few steps.
Edit the video and render it out as a DVD compliant mpeg2 file.Sounds like you did this.Then you must " author " the DVD.There are a number of ways to do this.One example would be by using DVD Architect to do the authoring( create menus and how they respond).I would normally author it and prepare it only, which creates the video TS folder and files.Then burn with Nero.
It sounds like your having a problem in the authoring stage.
Jack Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #3
Inner Circle

There are many variations of MPEG2, and possibly you were in one not for DVD. Or, as Jack suggested, didn't author a DVD outside of Vegas in DVD Architect and created a DVD-Data instead of DVD-Video disk.

I highly recommend reading Edward Troxel's newsletters, Volume 1 issues 7 and 8 address the rudiments of DVD creation, but you'll want to read all of them when you have a chance. Those early issues deal with older versions of the software, but still apply to current versions - with the new stuff you get more choices, esp. in DVDA.
Seth Bloombaum is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...