Adding a timedode for s sports event at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 25th, 2008, 12:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Adding a timedode for s sports event

Hi there. I wonder if anyone has a script or a workaround for this problem. I film football matches for our local football club. the manager need to watch the footage back and let me redo an edit showing best parts of the game etc. To do this he will tell me the time in the game that the events happen. i need to add a time code showinh minutes and seconds only. If i use the sony time code I get 00.00.00.00. I can place this in the upper left and reduce the size etc. i would like to change the transparancy and change the font. TRhe timecode needs to run from 0 to 40 minutes. Ideally i would like this with a blue back ground. I have tried making an avi file of a sony timecode and using photo shop to make a mask in green just to show minutes and seconds. I then rendered this and used the pan and crop tool to place this in the top left of the screen. I then applied a chroma key to remove the green from it. This is layered over the footage. However it takes forever and a day to render the file. given that i need to return the file same day this is not practical. Does anybody have a quicker solution. When i use the sony time code it plays in real time and renders a lot quicker. if i could adjust this it would be great. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Stephen Kettyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:24 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

You're changing EVERY video frame so longer rendering times are to be expected.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...