Capture issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 31st, 2008, 01:53 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Capture issues

I was running 8.0 with no problems on my #2 computer (amd 64 running 32 xp)and could capture until a week or so back. We now get a window that says,

"Hauppage wintv pvr pci II could not be opened".

I restored my computer back to prior, no help

I reinstalled 8.0

It worked for awhile.

Now I get devicer control but when I hit record the widow goes black and nothing is recorded.

computer #1 a P4 has the exact same problem and shows athe prior window mentioned or:

"Cirrus logic usb-dvr2 source could not be opened or is being used by another application."

I went to Vegas for several reasons, stability being one of them.

I know all software has it issues but I am getting a little discouraged after almost three hours this morning accomplishing nothing.

ANY HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
Old April 1st, 2008, 04:17 AM   #2
Major Player

I assume you're using Sony Capture. Did you check to make sure the right "device" was chosen in the Device menu?

Are you trying to capture HDV or DV?

When you turn your camera on, do you get an "autoplay" popup that asks what you want to do with the device? (i.e. capture video) ?
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 10:25 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Dale,
The only time I had capture problems, it turned out that corrupt graphics card drivers were the culprit and a re installation of them solved the problem, but it seems unlikely that it would happen to both of your computers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...