Vegas fade question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 4th, 2008, 06:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas fade question

I am going to be using Vegas to import about 145 MP3's on a single audio timeline and render as MP3. What I want to do is transfer the finished HUGE mp3 file onto my iPod nano, so that I can hit play, and let it run for the whole day (I am doing sound for an outdoor charity event). I need the songs to fade into one another, and iTunes does not let you do this (on the iPod anyway)....anyway, my question is, how do I get Vegas to apply the same 8 second overlap from the end of the previous song and the beggining of the next song, so that I don't have to do it 144 times?
Old April 4th, 2008, 07:28 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
I am going to be using Vegas to import about 145 MP3's on a single audio timeline and render as MP3. What I want to do is transfer the finished HUGE mp3 file onto my iPod nano, so that I can hit play, and let it run for the whole day (I am doing sound for an outdoor charity event). I need the songs to fade into one another, and iTunes does not let you do this (on the iPod anyway)....anyway, my question is, how do I get Vegas to apply the same 8 second overlap from the end of the previous song and the beggining of the next song, so that I don't have to do it 144 times?
pretty sure what you're looking for is in the Editing tab ( called "Automatically overlap multiple selected media when added"), it's a check box with settings to adjust it's settings underneath it.

Dave
David Hadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 07:31 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Load all the tunes into Project Media/Media Pool.
Options - Prefs - Editing.
Click the "Automatically overlap multiple selected media when added option" to enable it and change the "cut to overlap conversion" time to 8 sec.
Select all songs and add them to the timeline.
Every tune will now have the desired 8 sec. overlap.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #4
Regular Crew

That worked great!...my next question is with the volume...each MP3 has different volume levels. Is there a way to have vegas apply some kind of effect like the "volume check" on the iPod nano...a sound limiter to even out all tracks volume....right now, I can only apply volume control over the entire lenght of the audio track as a single file.
Old April 4th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I'm not an audio expert (by any stretch of the imagination!!) but give Wave Hammer with the "Smooth Compression" preset a try.
Do this at the Track level so that it affects everything.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...