HELP Cannot delete files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 28th, 2008, 02:25 PM   #1
Trustee

HELP Cannot delete files

Hi, I have rendered several video clips to Quicktime (.mov) Now, when I try to delete them it gives me an error message that I cannot delete the file because it is being used somewhere else and to please close all applications. Well, I have tried everything I can think of and still cannot delete these files. Any ideas??? Bob Safay
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 04:11 PM   #2
Inner Circle

When that happens to me, a re-boot generally cures things.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2008, 01:10 PM   #3
Major Player

You could also download a software called "Unlocker", its a freeware.
It Release the hooks on the file you want to delete. Sometime the file yo try to delete, is used by explorer or other software...

Try it, it works great.
Kim Olsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2008, 02:21 PM   #4
Major Player

If you are in detail view in Explorer, select choose details under view and deselect everything except the name.
Kevin Janisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #5
Major Player

I am new to Vegas and computer editing. I am having the same problem but not just wth rendered files.

I have done several edits of the same project and when I finally decide which one I want to use I then want to delete the other edits. When I try to I get the same message that is the premise of this thread, that what I am trying to delete is either open or being used somewhere else.

Because I have been afraid that somehow if I got it to delete it might delete the footage or something I have not attempted any more deletes of projects or rendered files. I sure would like to clean that up though and get rid of some.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...