Volume on Track at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 20th, 2008, 08:07 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Volume on Track

I am using SVMS Platinum 8.0 and would like to know if there is anyway you can lower the volume on just a small part of the track. I don't want to cut it out of the track, I just want to lower the volume of that 2 second clip.

Thanks
Gary
Gary Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 08:34 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I don't know what features 8.0 Platinum supports, but try right-clicking on the audio track header and add a volume envelope (a horizontal line will appear across the entire audio track). Then you can add "points" to that and drag them up/down to adjust the volume. This gives you volume control across that entire audio track.

If it is just a clip that you need to adjust, position your cursor near the top-edge of the audio clip and it should turn into a "hand". When you click and drag down, it will lower the audio level. (At least that's how I think it is... I don't have it right here in front of me.)

Andrew
Andrew Kufahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #3
Major Player

I don't believe Studio supports volume envelopes.

If you have a spare audio track you could (S)plit the section of audio, move it to another track and use the track volume slider.
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:36 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I do not know about Vegas studio but Vegas studio platinum 7 supports volume envelopes. Use just like Andrew explained.
Warren Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:14 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Andrew, it work perfect.

Gary
Gary Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 11:08 PM   #6

You can also select the audio track header and hit the "V" key on the keyboard. This will insert the traditional "rubber band." double click the band to insert nodes, right click the nodes to change their behavior.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...