editing part of audio track at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 28th, 2008, 04:04 AM   #1
Trustee

editing part of audio track

Recently I filmed a wedding anniversary. The recording of the speeches by a mic within arm reach of the those speaking did not work, so all I have is the audio from my camera mic which was quite a distance from where the speeches were given from.

The audio was faint and I'll have to boost the volume from 8-10 times in my audio editor (Goldwave) to be within a good sound range. This works. However I need to boost some speeches more than others.

The single video/audio track from the camera has now been edited to cut out extraneous material, so by and large each speeech is now an event on its own.

I selected the first speech, opened the editor and that speech alone was there to edit. Great...that is exactly what I wanted.

However when I selected and opened the second speech, all 44 minutes of the the audio track came up, rather than just the one selected speech.

How do I just get one section of the audio track at a time to the audio editor?
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2008, 04:35 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Have you tried the "open copy in Goldwave" option in Vegas?
If you have without success, what I suspect you'll have to do is to render each section out as a separate wave file (give it a new name to protect the original file, just in case!!), import that into Goldwave, modify it, save it and then re-import it back into Vegas.
Add it as a "take" over top of the old audio clip or simply replace it.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2008, 05:03 AM   #3
Trustee

Well that was odd!

If I selected 'Open copy in audio editor', just the take would open. If I then immediately closed the editor, then selected 'Open in audio editor' the take only would be selected.

However...if I missed out the first step of selecting 'Open copy in audio editor', and went straight to 'Open in audio editor' instead, the whole track would open!
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...