resampling effect but not on entire clip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 26th, 2008, 10:12 PM   #1
Major Player

resampling effect but not on entire clip

I've found the effect (resample) I want but it seems that it puts the resample on every part of that clip.

How do I split it and put it just on the section I split out?
Kevin Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2008, 11:37 PM   #2
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Richard View Post
I've found the effect (resample) I want but it seems that it puts the resample on every part of that clip.
Where is this? I can't see this in Video FX pane? I know of the Samrt/Force/Disable resample as part of the Video Event Properties as too the undersampling rate adjustment? If you are employing an adjust, via the Video Event Properties, then yes, this will be a global effect to ALL of the event. Splitting will confine the resampling adjusts to just the sections split off. If you don't like the idea of a "split" event, I can imagine occasions where this will be problematic, then use a subclip and adjust its "resample" status and undersampling rates within that.

Now, if you tell me where this "Resample FX" is, then you can surely keyframe any FX, and at the event level, to the point/s where you want it to happen.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #3
Major Player

Sorry... you are right UNDERSAMPLING is what I meant... woops! :)

How would I make this subclip?

I think I've decided to just go oldschool and undersample the whole thing but I am still curious at how to just do it to a 5 second spot of a 45 second clip.
Kevin Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #4
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Richard View Post
How would I make this subclip?

For plain Subclip Creation: Resize Event > Right click > Create Subclip. This would get you a subclip.

But for your other request, for a 5 second in a 45 second Event, I'd do the following:

For 5 Second Slice Subclip Creation: Select Event > Place cursor at 10 seconds > Hit "S" > Pull out Loop Selection for 5 seconds - you can read off an additional 5 secs within the "Selection End" pane > Hit "S" again. There you have 5 seconds split out. Right-Click on the the 5 second slice and do the "Create Subclip" and THEN apply the undersampling rate just to the 5 seconds slice.

HTH

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 02:28 AM   #5
Major Player

Doh! I knew that... just been a while since I've really been behind the wheel in Vegas... Seems like I'm down to about 1 project a year these days... oh well.
Kevin Richard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...