potential solution for HDV problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 3rd, 2008, 05:03 AM   #1
Inner Circle

potential solution for HDV problems

Any Vegas users having HDV problems will definitely be interested in the HDV users: please read thread.
Please note that you'll need to registered on the Sony Vegas forum to be able to take advantage of this offer.

Greetings loyal users,

Some but not all of you have been running into problems with your HDV .m2t source material. For those with HDV .m2t problems, the symptoms typically are some combination of

a) black frames

b) red frames

c) Vegas instability

As we all know there are many types of HDV .m2t files, and the way the files are captured differs somewhat between capture apps. This makes testing and debugging pretty difficult as you can imagine.

However, rest assured we have been working hard on resolving the issues above, and we have a new HDV reader for Vegas Pro 8 in QA now which resolves these problems with all test media we have. This reader will be part of our forthcoming general Vegas 8.0c update. Before we release Vegas 8.0c to the public, we are interested in hearing your feedback on this new HDV reader, and would like your help testing it prior to the Vegas 8.0c update.

If you are interested in testing a pre-release version of this HDV reader, please fill out your system specs, update your contact info with an email address where we could reach you directly, and respond to this sticky thread that you would like to participate. We will post back here once the beta reader is available and provide download and installation instructions. Please do not try to get this via our Customer Service group or to contact us directly about this pre-release reader. This forum is the place for us all to communicate about it.

We look forward to working with you, we want to get this right for you, stay tuned and we'll make this available very soon.

cheers-

DH

SCS Dev
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:00 AM   #2
Major Player

On that forum someone asked, "When you say "HDV reader" does this mean a new capture tool for HDV?" And this is my question too. I noticed that no-one answered. What is this HDV reader? Exactly what is it that we/they are testing?

The reason why I ask is I never capture *.m2t to Vegas from tape. I use the files created by my two Focus Enhancements FireStore FS-4's.

Danny Fye
www.vidmus.com/scolvs
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:24 AM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

The "HDV Reader" would be the piece of code that actually reads/decodes the files to properly show you the images on the timeline/preview screen. It would not affect capture.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...