Higher than 2k? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 19th, 2008, 12:44 PM   #1
Major Player

Higher than 2k?

Hi guys

Just wondered if anyone here is planning to buy the RED Scarlett? I am intererested in whether Sony would consider increasing the resolution limit in Vegas from 2k to at least 3k or perhaps 5K+?!

Any thoughts?
Fergus Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus Anderson View Post
Hi guys

Just wondered if anyone here is planning to buy the RED Scarlett? I am intererested in whether Sony would consider increasing the resolution limit in Vegas from 2k to at least 3k or perhaps 5K+?!

Any thoughts?

I'm planning on buy a Scarlet but I'm planning on waiting until early 2010 to let any/bugs and compatibility issues sort out. I was under the impression that Scarlet was going to have conversion software availabe.
Ken Steadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 06:04 AM   #3
Major Player

Well RED will be releasing the SDK which will give Sony the option of natively supporting r3d files - which I really hope they do. They will need to up the 2k limit though.

has anyone heard anything about this?

cheers
Fergus Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:23 AM   #4
Inner Circle

According to Jim Jannard, Scarlet has an effective resolution of 2.1k. Downsampling to 2k or 1080p up front isn't unreasonable for most projects (though having the option of working with the native 3k files would be best.) However, it's critical that Vegas support a RAW workflow.

I've been using Vegas since version 2. I plan to buy a Scarlet camcorder. If the two don't work together, guess which one I will drop...
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:49 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I have Vegas and I'm getting Scarlet, so they're gonna HAVE TO play nice together!

SB
Steven Bills is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...