DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Table of Contents list (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/127987-table-contents-list.html)

Dan Bridges August 13th, 2008 08:44 PM

Table of Contents list

How do I create a Table of Contents/track list that I can then paste into another program (MS Publisher) from the named markers in DVDA 5?

Graham Bernard August 14th, 2008 03:03 AM

Dan, I'm assuming you have the original Vegas Project? Check out the Edit Details View for MARKERS and copy paste that? Dunno about doing this from within DVDA, what ever flavour . .?

Grazie

Dan Bridges August 14th, 2008 05:57 AM

Graham, unfortunately that did not work. It shows 298 tracks but no marker labels.

Graham Bernard August 14th, 2008 07:05 AM

Can you SEE the Markers in Vegas? Where did the marker labels come from? Now I want to understand this.

Interesting

Grazie

Dan Bridges August 14th, 2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Bernard (Post 920398)
Can you SEE the Markers in Vegas? Where did the marker labels come from? Now I want to understand this.

Interesting

Grazie

I manually entered them ("M" key) to indicate the start of new items in a live concert recording.

Graham Bernard August 14th, 2008 11:37 PM

Wow! 298 Tracks!?

Dan? You entered them manually IN Vegas? Then you WILL have a list of these markers in Edit Detail View. I checked this yesterday. Make sure you use the Drop-Down menu in Edit Detail View to select Markers.

It was then a simple case of Highlight the info > Copy > Paste - and for my test it went straight into MS Notepad.

It does work. If not then I am still interested.

Grazie

Dan Bridges August 16th, 2008 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Bernard (Post 920643)
Wow! 298 Tracks!?

Dan? You entered them manually IN Vegas? Then you WILL have a list of these markers in Edit Detail View. I checked this yesterday. Make sure you use the Drop-Down menu in Edit Detail View to select Markers.

It was then a simple case of Highlight the info > Copy > Paste - and for my test it went straight into MS Notepad.

It does work. If not then I am still interested.

Grazie

Thank you for the guidance, Graham. That's what I want. I would have not have thought to look there without someone pointing it out.

Dan Bridges August 16th, 2008 05:02 PM

Some further observations. I had an out-of-sequence marker, #28, between #7 & #8. (I found out afterwards that I'd missed the start of another track). Well, when I rendered to mpeg-2 and opened it in DVDA 5, the markers were renumbered correctly, with #28 becoming #8. Also, in Vegas 8, using Graham's method of getting a list of marker labels to use as track names, marker #28 was in the list as the 8th item, so it was usable without needing to be relocated.

Richard Hunter August 16th, 2008 06:53 PM

Hi Dan. If you ever want to reorder the markers in Vegas so that the numbers are in running order, there is a way to do it.

In the Edit Details window, with Show Markers selected, select all the rows and then Ctl-X to cut them, then Ctl-V to paste them back again. When they are pasted back they willl be in sequence. Try it out on a dummy project first until you see how it works, because you can't undo this.

Richard

Dan Bridges August 16th, 2008 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Richard, I've tried this in Vegas 8b and it doesn't seem to work. In Edit Details | Markers, I see two columns: Position; Name. I can select a range in a column using the shift-key, and using this at the beginning & end of a column, I can select the whole column, but I can't select both columms at once, nor can I use Ctrl-A to select everything. Furthermore, once selected, while copy & paste are available, cut is grayed out.

Correction: just found out how to do it. You need to select the range of gray numbers on the the left. That selects both columns and you can then Ctrl-x. See example:

Richard Hunter August 16th, 2008 11:24 PM

Hi Dan. Yes that's right, it's just not so obvious at first. Glad you got it working.

Richard

Edward Troxel August 17th, 2008 12:29 PM

The marker NUMBERS really don't make any difference. It's the POSITION of the marker that counts.