capturing HDV in Vegas at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 14th, 2008, 02:50 PM   #1
Major Player

capturing HDV in Vegas

each scene captured from my HDV cameras has fraction of a second of next scene. Why???"
It is SO frustrating during editing....
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:52 PM   #2
Major Player

nobody has the same problem???
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:40 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Do you record any black between your scenes? And do you do any pre-roll before your scenes?

I tend to roll a good 10-20 seconds of pre-roll, and at least 10 second post roll.
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:49 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Marius,

I experience the same thing. But I guess I don't get frustrated by it because of a couple factors...

1. There doesn't seem to be too much I can do about it... that's just how it works.
2. I very rarely use the very beginning or very end of my footage/clips. For example, even if I know I'm shooting something that I'll only need 5 - 7 seconds of, I'll shoot 15 seconds worth of footage because of things like possible camera shake at the beginning and end when I press/depress record buttons and what not... so I end up trimming the beginning and end anyway.

Sorry I don't have any solutions for you... but you wanted to know whether or not you're the only that deals with this... and I'm letting you know you are not.

Andrew
Andrew Kufahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 07:17 AM   #5
Trustee

after I switched from Adobe that was a bit irritating, but with the time I just got used to that, not a big deal.
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...