Align Text in ProTitler? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 09:18 PM   #1
Major Player

Align Text in ProTitler?

Center, Left, Right... how do you do it?
Rick Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2008, 07:35 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

After adding text in the ProType Titler, there are multiple tabs on the left side. The first tab "text" has several settings including "Line Alignment". Instead of LEFT, CENTER, and RIGHT you'll instead find NEAR, CENTER, and FAR which really is the same thing.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
Instead of LEFT, CENTER, and RIGHT you'll instead find NEAR, CENTER, and FAR which really is the same thing.
Maybe one day I'll see the intended wisdom in this naming convention. Probably the same day I'll have need for bouncing text on steroids. (which is never) :)

As always, thanks for your tutelage Edward.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 07:52 PM   #4
Major Player

"Hear, Hear" Rick !

For the life of me Rick I too, am dumfounded by Vegas' naming conventions. Can someone with a bit of influence get some sense in this "have-to-be-different" attitude, so that just maybe, the next update/version my have a bit more common sense thinking.

The trouble with common sense though, it ain't common !

In the meantime, due to lack of learning time, I am using the Adobe titler for large rolling end credits and exporting in Vegas. - Works well.

R.C.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2008, 11:51 AM   #5
Major Player

Regarding the Vegas ProTitler... I'm going out on a limb here but it really looks like Sony may have outsourced the creation of this thing because it looks and behaves like nothing else inside of Vegas. It also looks to me that somebody figured they (Sony) were so overdue in creating a decent titler that they should attempt a little dazzle and adorn it with lots of eye candy. Personally, I have no need for the "cartoonish" effects it creates. Overall I'm really disappointed with it and hope this isn't some insight into what Vegas will look like one day.

Whatever the future holds... the tiny gray text on the off-white background has got to go. :)

But I'll get by. So far Vegas is a joy to use for editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Cooper View Post
due to lack of learning time, I am using the Adobe titler for large rolling end credits and exporting in Vegas. - Works well.R.C.
I've got a heavy Premiere background as well so that probably explains why folks like us are spoiled with titling.

What's your workflow for exporting Premiere's titles Ron? I never even considered this.
Old August 29th, 2008, 06:20 AM   #6
Major Player

Sorry Rick, I have just come across your question. - "Workflow".

I simply open up good ole' Prem 6.5, create a new project & go straight to the titler & create it, save it, & then render it to a file as an AVI, duly named.

I then simply import it into Veg.8b & "Voila" ! Dead easy, even for a mug like me ! Sometimes I have to tweak the rolling speed so I re-render it in Prem & repeat as it seems to show a bit faster in Vegas, although I now realise I could just slow it down in Vegas directly.

Your'e probably right about being spoilt with Prem's great titler with it's effective simplicity !
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2008, 11:37 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Cooper View Post
then render it to a file as an AVI, duly named.
I suspected as much. Unfortunately, I need the transparency which won't happen this way.

I just finished my first Vegas credit roll using the protitler. It was kind of clunky and my eyes are shot from trying to read all the tiny gray text under the sliders but it went together ok I guess. Other than the quirky interface it's still simpler to use than the old titler but I still think the designers tried to go for something which I don't yet understand.
Rick Steele is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...