Buying Vegas pro 8. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 9th, 2008, 02:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Buying Vegas pro 8.

Hi, I'm thinking of buying Vegas 8 from the US, it is a lot cheaper for us over the pond!
The B&H offer of V6 is no longer there so I've been looking on E-bay. There are a quite a few offers at the moment around $300.
Does anyone know of any catches? - apart from the usual achademic, no Architect etc.
some have good feedback.
Thanks Michael
Michael Threadgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2008, 06:51 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

The only catch I can think of would be to make sure it's from a valid seller and not someplace selling cracked copies. Also if it's someone selling a copy from which they've already upgraded, you would not be able to upgrade that copy.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2008, 06:56 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Ive just done the same, if you are able to wait upto 1 week I can give you feedback on my purchase if you like ?
Jayson Corcoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:06 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi, thanks for the replies. Yes I'll wait for youe feedback. Michael
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:46 PM   #5
Regular Crew

You can get Vegas Pro 8 from B&H for $ 129.95 BUT you get the disc only and you don't get DVDA. As far as I know this is the cheapest way to get a real copy of Vegas Pro
Ken Steadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:10 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks Ken, there are some of those on Ebay as well. Having used DVDA I'd like to upgrade it too. Michael
Old September 23rd, 2008, 02:42 AM   #7
Regular Crew

My package arrived today, vegas 8 now being installed :)
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:52 AM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson Corcoran View Post
My package arrived today, vegas 8 now being installed :)
eBay.... I don't know. It might be good for physical things, but for software I don't think I'd go there. May be I'm a little paranoid about getting a unique key all to myself. :-) I've installed V8 at least a dozen times (reformatted some machines, reinstalled to fix an issue here or there) and I don't want a key limit or authenticity questions to keep me from using what I bought. I bought 6 back when it came out, skipped 7, and did the upgrade to 8. I'm not sure if I'll be upgrading to 9 (if it is just a bump to 64bit then that doesn't help me). But at least I am 100% positive that what I got (direct from Sony) was legit.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #9
Wrangler

If you buy a license from another user, make sure they transfer the ownership to you through Sony.
Old September 24th, 2008, 01:27 PM   #10
Regular Crew

In fairness, the guy I used has over 2500 feedback, all 100% and the key is completely legit.
Old September 25th, 2008, 07:53 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Try this formula

Vegas 8 pro + DVD Arch Pro From B&H.

If you buy this- $129
Sony | Vegas Pro 8 Video Editing Software for Windows | VP8Q

and then this- $150
Sony | Upgrade to Vegas Pro 8 Video Editing Software | SVDVD8006

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/what-happ...architect.html

You basically get the full pro version of Vegas 8 + DVDA for $280. You just don't get the hard copy of the users manual. The reason for the "upgrade" version of V8 is that it contains the full, stand-alone version of DVDA. So you're basically purchasing DVDA for $150. I just made this combo purchase a few weeks ago and have been very pleased with it. It would be very tough to find another NLE on the planet as good as Vegas Pro at that price. Awesome bang for the buck.

Honestly, I was a Vegas Movie Studio user for about 4 years and haven't used too many full-vegas features yet as I became pretty fluent with movie studio. I will take full advantage of Vegas Pro, but I would tell everyone to consider VMS as a first step to an NLE.
Jacob Burson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 01:40 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Thankyou everybody for your posts. Vegas arrived today and all is well. 450 page online manual- I must be mad. Michael
Old October 14th, 2008, 09:11 AM   #13
Tourist

Buying Vegas Pro

Jason,

I have the same problem, purchased Pro 8 from B&H and want DVDA 5.0. I called Sony and talked to a tech guy and he said that I would have to buy the Pro package and not an upgrade. I asked him specifically if DVDA 4.5 is stand-alone and he said that it was not and required a previous version if I bought the upgrade package. Can you confirm that he was wrong?
Charlie Petty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 06:02 PM   #14
Sponsor: JET DV

Since you have a "pro" version of Vegas, you should be able to simply purchase the UPGRADE to Pro 8 to get DVD Architect 5. Of course, you'd then have two copies of Pro 8. He is correct that DVD Architect isn't available separately, though.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #15
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
He is correct that DVD Architect isn't available separately, though.
This is misleading. There is a boxed version of DVDA 4.5 (the same version that comes with Vegas Platinum) that can be purchased separately. Fry's has it as do other retailers. But DVDA Pro only comes bundled with Vegas Pro.
Rick Diaz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...