Ready for 64-bit Vegas Pro? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 11th, 2008, 01:11 PM   #16

AVID MC3.0 works in 64-bit Vista, only, not 64bit XP. It would seem that we users may not have much of a choice, in the future, at least where M$ product is concerned. While i see the advantages of increased RAM, I doubt it will affect speed, merely keep Vegas from choking on itself when RAM gets full.

I am serious about Linux. Vista is somewhat of a behemoth, overburdened with the sense that 'big brother is watching" and the desire to be everything to everybody...until it's nothing useful for very few.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 09:09 AM   #17
Major Player

x64 XP Pro clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida View Post
Sony said some time ago that the 64-bit version would be for Vista only so, if you want to try it on XP 64, it sounds like you'll be on your own :-(
To those who keep saying it won't install and run on x64 XP Pro - I can verify that it installed on both my Dell D620 laptop and quad core desktop - both running x64 XP Pro. Not only did it install, it runs much faster.
Old September 12th, 2008, 09:20 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Actually Cliff, no one said it won't install on 64 bit XP Pro...one man simply said it's not supported. Bill said Avid MC3 won't install on 64 bit XP pro...maybe that is what you're referring to. Glad its working for you on XP Pro 64 bit...that is excellent.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 02:58 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Etzel View Post
To those who keep saying it won't install and run on x64 XP Pro - I can verify that it installed on both my Dell D620 laptop and quad core desktop - both running x64 XP Pro. Not only did it install, it runs much faster.
What did you install on the XP 64bit OS?
Old September 12th, 2008, 03:03 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Dennis, this thread is about Vegas 64 bit, I think that is what he is referring to .
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
Dennis, this thread is about Vegas 64 bit, I think that is what he is referring to .
Duh, I'm not up with the play. I didn't realise Vegas 64 bit had been released.
Yeehaa. I hope it works on my 64bit XP.
Old September 13th, 2008, 11:57 PM   #22
Inner Circle

It should work pretty well, at least it has for at least one other person so far...it's not supported, technically, but should work just fine. I've had issues with it on Vista (Black frames and can't preview on my firewire card monitor hookup) but other than that it does seem speedy.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...